Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 222 total)
  • Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Leku – Member

Not to the viewers.So you counting yourself as an avid RT viewer then? Is it one of your main news sources?

gordimhor

I wish you were on the BBC thm

scotroutes

I’m rather enjoying the idea that Alex is smirking at all the bedwetters whinging about this.

I believe Al Jazeera has already signed him up for a monthly special.

km79
    Free Member

It’s not like he is hosting a state visit of Saudi Arabia or even Russia for that matter. OK to welcome them here and roll out the red carpet treatment at great cost to the tax payer, but we can’t go on their telly as that sends out the wrong signals? 🙄

footflaps

Not to the viewers.

Does that matter?

If he’s doing his own show and just selling it to a channel, there’s a big difference between that and just doing what a channel tells him to do.

Seems like a smart move, by him, to me. He gets more exposure and gets paid for it whist still saying what he believes.

I quite like the bloke. Don’t agree with what he says all the time, but he adds something positive to UK politics.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

, but he adds something positive to UK politics.

😯 he almost scewed Scotland to satisfy his own vanity with lies that made Brexshiteers look honest 😯

km79
    Free Member

Aye, I keep forgeting the independence movement was all down to one person. We’ll never know how it would have turned out if Yes won. Your guess is just as good/shite as anybodies.

Leku
    Free Member

Leku – Member
    Not to the viewers.

So you counting yourself as an avid RT viewer then? Is it one of your main news sources?

I really don’t understand this comment. I don’t watch RT as Im aware its a mouth piece for Putin. I’m sure their football coverage is great. I was pointing out that Rene’s comment didn’t make much sense,

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t watch RT

This is becoming a theme…

I think it’s obvious why you don’t understand the comment, obviously no-one has told you what to think yet. Don’t worry i’m sure someone will be along soon to sort ye out. 😆

km79
    Free Member

I was pointing out that Rene’s comment didn’t make much sense,

Makes sense to me. All channels buy in content that they have had zero input into. You think viewers are incapable of understanding that?

Leku
    Free Member

It’s not an old series of Magnum PI.

But end result is the same. If he starts doing pieces on gay rights, dodgy Russian money laundering, then fair play.

If not he is just legitimising RT / Putin. Russia loves bit of soft power..

epicyclo

jambalaya – Member
    BBC must be one of the most balanced anywhere in the world….

Aye, right.

Where’s it’s balanced coverage on Catalonia? It’s pure propaganda. A sewage outlet of UK Establishment distortion and lies direct into your home, and even worse you are compelled to pay for it whether you want it or not.

Does some good nature documentaries though.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It looks like it’s Salmond’s own production company making this. I wonder if the BBC and other UK MSM outlets knocked him back first due to their own anti SNP and Scottish independence bias it being expensive, partial and not very good.

FIFY

If he starts doing pieces on gay rights

He was trailing it as Scottish Parliament great Westminster retarded homophobes on Newsnight. I doubt we will get a detailed expose of gay rights in Russia and it’s satellite states

big_n_daft
    Free Member

you are compelled to pay for it whether you want it or not.

You can still get news without a TV licence you know

BruceWee

Tom Walker’s Jonathan Pie started out on RT. He had other offers but he turned them down because RT were the only ones who would offer him total artistic control.

I doubt Salmond would get the same freedom if he did his show on the BBC or any other western owned TV channel.

BruceWee

Alex Massie: the very embodiment of unbiased commentary in Scotland.

scotroutes

I’m confused. All these folk that have no time for Alex Salmond, accuse him of being an “idiot” or a liar or a self-publicist now complaining he’s giving some respectability to RT? So much froth…..

rene59
    Free Member

I doubt we will get a detailed expose of gay rights in Russia and it’s satellite states

How many other chat shows give you this?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does it take you effort to miss the point so spectacularly or is this just what you do without effort ?
    Genuine question BTW

I doubt Salmond would get the same freedom if he did his show on the BBC or any other western owned TV channel.

your right if there is one thing RT is know for its the way it lets its journalists report things freely..well some of them as long as its not important or about mother russia or dear leader.
    Out of interest what sort of things did Pie cover about Russia during his time of freedom working for them – I dont watch it so obvs I wont know the answer to that one 😉

BruceWee

Does it take you effort to miss the point so spectacularly or is this just what you do without effort ?
    Genuine question BTW

That’s a genuine question? If I’d written something like that it wouldn’t be a genuine question. It would be a smug attempt at point scoring.

Anyway, I’m having some trouble answering your genuine question. I went all the way back through the thread to see you making this point you’re going on about and do you know what, all I could find were a bunch of other smug self-satisfied comments.

I probably misread all these genuine questions so maybe you could try re-phrasing them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

well given you accused someone of “being on their period like your GF ” when they challenged you i am delighted to find you dont think much of me.

Its the best compliment you could have paid me

Ps you do know question is the singular dont you? If you had you could have saved yourself some reading time by simply being better at it 😉

to rene – it is clearly a bit rude but it seems to me you seem to side step many issues and reply with something sort of related but not quite addressing the point made. I assumed it was deliberate hence the genuine q bit – yes its a bit rude and i should have phrased it considerably better than that
    Sorry

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard you watched Rt yet, or you still spouting second hand info.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We both hold the same views we did yesterday and only one of us wants to repeat the debate.

rene59
    Free Member

to rene – it is clearly a bit rude but it seems to me you seem to side step many issues and reply with something sort of related but not quite addressing the point made. I assumed it was deliberate hence the genuine q bit – yes its a bit rude and i should have phrased it considerably better than that
    Sorry

Are you asking me something, I honestly couldn’t tell? I find your posts difficult to follow at times so I tend to speed through them or past them, if I am not addressing your point it’s likely I missed what it was. Ask me anything you want and I’ll answer. I find it somewhat amusing that you think I reply with something related but not addressing the point made, as my impression of you is that you often do the same.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆
    I will leave it
    Perhaps its just we are more similar than we realise but sorry nonetheless

I think i do dramatic hypoerbole too often and my sarcasm is often misread on here

williamnot
    Free Member

nationalists claiming equivalence between the propaganda mouthpiece of a state who murders journalists and the BBC really is a new low

BruceWee

I think i do dramatic hypoerbole

I think you’ll find you’re just away in your own wee world.

A true legend in your own mind.

seosamh77
    Free Member

williamnot – Member
    nationalists claiming equivalence between the propaganda mouthpiece of a state who murders journalists and the BBC really is a new low

british nationalist in inability to see British bias shocker.

williamnot
    Free Member

[/quote]british nationalist in inability to see British bias shocker.

perhaps I spoke too soon when it comes to new lows

km79
    Free Member

Where can I watch RT, do I need to go on the Dark Web? I imagine something so awful like this must be difficult to get hold of legally?

Wait, what? It’s on Freeview? The same Freeview that is part owned and run by our beloved BBC?

🙄

seosamh77
    Free Member

williamnot – Member
    british nationalist in inability to see British bias shocker.

perhaps I spoke too soon when it comes to new lowswhat’s the least here the inability to recognise British nationalism? Jesus mate, open your eyes…

williamnot
    Free Member

Ah the sweet irony of being told to open my eyes by someone who only sees the world through a nationalist lens

gordimhor

Not sure Seosamh fits that description,still good advice though.

jimjam
    Free Member

All of this kerfuful about some Scotch fisherman doing a show on Russian telly. Honestly. Well known Irish actor Francis (Viper) Higgins does a show on RT and you’ll never see any Russian propaganda or fake news on his videos.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26mLmv0c_zw&list=PLmlEcCWytGOfq_zYyJke-gUkUbrvpjKaG[/video]

epicyclo

big_n_daft – Member
    ‘you are compelled to pay for it whether you want it or not.’
    You can still get news without a TV licence you know

Aye, and that’s where I do get my news.

But even though I do not want to watch the BBC, if I want to watch other channels, I have to pay the BBC tax.

Junkyard
    Free Member

only if you atch it live

I dont pay for a licence but I dont watch tv

I still support the funding model

scoob67
    Free Member

Alex Salmond must surely be Satan himself to court such controversy.
    Tory election fraud, naughty.
    Westminster sex scandal, last weeks news.
    Priti Patel, freelance minister.
    Boris, apparently unsackable.
    PM at party for tax dodging Daily Mail.
    Alex on RT. Build the gallows.
    Get a grip peeps.

jimjam
    Free Member

scoob67 – Member

Alex Salmond must surely be Satan himself to court such controversy.
    Tory election fraud, naughty.
    Westminster sex scandal, last weeks news.
    Priti Patel, freelance minister.
    Boris, apparently unsackable.
    PM at party for tax dodging Daily Mail.
    Alex on RT. Build the gallows.
    Get a grip peeps.

I charge thee with whataboutery!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I still support the funding model other people paying for content and services I use

FIFY 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today’ is closed to new replies.