Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 222 total)
  • Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

We should fix the internal issues then, not look for external scapegoats.

rene59
    Free Member

Russia wants to destabilise the west, break up the EU, emasculate NATO, and have America turn inwards and take less interest in the world outside its own borders.

And what do the west want to do to Russia? They are not unlike each other.

Leku
    Free Member

And what do the west want to do to Russia?

Become a democracy?

NewRetroTom

And what do the west want to do to Russia?

Trade with it.

edhornby

Putin is horrible – go and read ‘Winter Is Coming’ by Garry Kasparov if you want the full argument (but the short answer is completely sham elections and supressed political dissent, corruption and humanitarian atrocities like Beslan)

Russia today is Putin’s mouthpiece – Salmond should not be going anywhere near it, there is no justification for any involvement, If I were PM I’d be getting MI6 to go and have a chat with Salmond and tell him to can the idea

kimbers

Anyway on Salmond it’s very bizarre he’ll take Russian state money. As I have said before if they where helping to fund say an iS campaign there’d be uproar.

What if they were helping fund the brexit campaign?

g5604
    Free Member

Salmond is a desperate z-list celebrity now, clinging onto any “fame” that somehow comes his way.

He got took in by the biggest **** in the world, that says everything about him.

seosamh77
    Free Member

edhornby – Member
    If I were PM I’d be getting MI6 to go and have a chat with Salmond and tell him to can the idea

Are you some kind of fascist?

tjagain

g5604 – Member

Salmond is a desperate z-list celebrity now, clinging onto any “fame” that somehow comes his way.

He got took in by the biggest **** in the world, that says everything about him.

Indeed he did. BUt unlike other politicians taken in by Trump ( Johnson, May etc) he has admitted he was wrong. A rare and unusual thing in a politician.

I don’t like Salmond much but he has far more integrity than most politicians

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The aims of AS, RT and Putin align

Namely an independent Scotland, no nuclear subs in Scotland the neutering of the British military infrastructure, and political chaos in the rUK and Europe

The search for dubious international support by Scots Nationalism is part of its history

Junkyard
    Free Member

😯
    is that your audition to join the RT editorial board?

km79
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

Lol, yes you are.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

is that your audition to join the RT editorial board?

Fox News are supposed to pay better 😉

(Fox/RT bookers Email in profile, if it’s good for AS then it must be OK 😉 )

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

For all those trying to say its OK to work for RT, because its just the same as everyone else. Even the SNP have thrown Alex under the bus.
    They mention things like Russias persecution on the grounds of race and sexuality, attacks on journalists and concerns about the integrity of the democratic process.

If those things matter to the SNP more than they do to those defending RT on here, then your moral compass might need calibration.

I suppose now that the white smoke has risen and the party line has been decided some SNP MSP/MPs might comment as well :O)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Putin is buying legitimacy from Salmond however by becoming the mouthpiece of the Russian government, that ‘legitimacy’ is now worthless. Salmond and RT are worthy bedfellows.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No bias in this thread, no sirree, none what-so-ever! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do people think Salmond is the type to sit and read from a Putin script?

If yes, can you tell me which parts pf the Putin agenda he will be promoting?

If no, why the kerfuffle?

wwaswas

Have we done this;

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russia-rt-register-foreign-agent_us_5a04eff0e4b01d21c83da01e

The Justice Department had first called for RT America to register as a foreign agent in September. Such a registration would require any reporting to be labeled as being financed or influenced by the Russian government, among other restrictions.

Russian news media and social media actors have come under scrutiny after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded in January that Russia sought to interfere with the U.S. presidential election to help Donald Trump win.

In its January report, U.S. intelligence called RT “the Kremlin’s principal international propaganda outlet,” saying it was part of “Russia’s state-run propaganda machine,” which had “contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging.”

Just giving your name to the channel implies you approve the message, gives it legitimacy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sturgeon has said she was not consulted but if she had been she would have advised against taking Putin’s money

Junkyard
    Free Member

which parts pf the Putin agenda he will be promoting?

the part where Putin likes to pretend that RT is a proper news Channel rather than his mouthpiece/propaganda?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

WGAF about Alex Salmond these days anyway? Spent force, spent idea, time for him to make a few dirty $s for his old age. If it keeps him off mainstream TV it’s a real bonus.

seosamh77
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    WGAF about Alex Salmond these days anyway? Spent force, spent idea, time for him to make a few dirty $s for his old age. If it keeps him off mainstream TV it’s a real bonus.

Jamba obviously. i agree it’s irrevelant and all we’re talking about here is his semi retirement.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only semi? How disappointing

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    which parts pf the Putin agenda he will be promoting?
    the part where Putin likes to pretend that RT is a proper news Channel rather than his mouthpiece/propaganda?

That’s not even remotely like an answer to the question I asked.

Are you just an anti Russian mouthpiece? Sounding awful like it considering you’ve never even watched RT.

Junkyard
    Free Member

🙄

we were in danger of discussing like grown up there …just for a moment.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Might do when you actually form an opinion of your own.

Can you answer the question…

Do you, junkyard, think Salmond is the type to sit and read from a Putin script?

wwaswas

Do you, junkyard, think Salmond is the type to sit and read from a Putin script?

the point people are making is whether he;d do it is irrelevant, by being on there he gives all the other messages pumped out by other presenters increased legitimacy “We trust Salmond so we trust what other people on the channel are saying”.

It really doesn’t matter what he says it’s his presence that’s the concern.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Youse are mental. 😆 Your basis for that seems to be that American stance on making them a register as foriegn agent.

Do the the American have no agenda either?

kelvin

Agree that by making a programme for RT, Salmond is either giving RT the appearance of legitimacy that (in my opinion) they don’t deserve, and/or reducing his own reputation. No idea if that means we should avoid watching it though… when he speaks about a episode dedicated to the pardoning of homosexuals for breaking the unfair and illiberal laws of the past, it might be interesting to see what he can get away with on RT.

mefty
    Free Member

Aye, but it won’t be cheap.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s on next thursday, I look forward to see youse point out the putin agenda parts! 😆

tjagain

wwaswas

Plenty of UK politicians have been on russia today

rene59
    Free Member

Over the last year or two, 50 Labour MPs – including the current Labour Party leader – 37 Conservative MPs and 17 SNP MPs have appeared on RT programmes.

SNP Baaad.

seosamh77
    Free Member

rene59 – Member
    Over the last year or two, 50 Labour MPs – including the current Labour Party leader – 37 Conservative MPs and 17 SNP MPs have appeared on RT programmes.

They should all be shot as spies! 😆

rene59
    Free Member

It looks like it’s Salmond’s own production company making this. I wonder if the BBC and other UK MSM outlets knocked him back first due to their own anti SNP and Scottish independence bias.

wwaswas

wwaswas

Plenty of UK politicians have been on russia today

as a paid presenter with their own shows?

I’d argue that any appearance on there is bad but hosting a show is more than just an appearance

rene59
    Free Member

He has sold his show to RT, RT are not paying him to make their show. There is a difference.

tjagain

Its illadvised IMO but no worse than appearing on it really I don’t think

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Could he take the bloke from WoS with him then everyone would be a winner

Leku
    Free Member

He has sold his show to RT, RT are not paying him to make their show. There is a difference.

Not to the viewers.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.