• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Aldi to start online sales!!!
  • cookeaa

Apparently…

Which means by next spring/summer middleclass cyclists may no longer need to rub shoulders with the prols to lay their hands on cheap socks or garmins… Huzzah!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do they deliver in plain packaging?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

probably not,

i might set up a repackaging company for those that want it delivering to work 😆

LMT
    Free Member

Only wine to start with.

cookeaa

Only wine to start with.

To begin with, it’s all about knowing your market, it starts with a box of cheap plonk, and while they’re busy chugging that they go back online to make more questionable purchases…

Have you ever been to Aldi? it’s great! Nowhere else can I buy basic staple foods plus wagu beef burgers, a chainsaw, air compressor, walking boots, loft insulation, a router, a hose reel, a ladder and a pair of pinking shears all under one roof…

[video]https://youtu.be/11fCIGcCa9c[/video]

And now it’s going to be online… Yay!

AlexSimon

wagu beef burgers, a chainsaw, air compressor, walking boots, loft insulation, a router, a hose reel, a ladder and a pair of pinking shears

That was last week – this week it’s a Halloween Gel Stickers, Caviar Illumination Day/Night Cream, a Family Toilet Seat, Ladies’ Fashion Wellingtons and Children’s Character Umbrella .
    You win some, you lose some 🙂

Actually, you can tick the years by as it comes around to staring at the compressor and thinking ‘do I really need one’?

lunge

Oh how I love Aldi. My last trip involved the large majority of the weekly eating for people, it cost £50. This was supplemented by a socket set, some work gloves, a book for my 3 YO niece and some bike lights. I was also tempted by a slow cooker and more bike stuff. It’s an astonishing place.

binners

But who would want Aldi to deliver? Surely the whole joy of the place is nipping in for ones wine and chorizo, and leaving with a compressor, a horse riding crop, a paddling pool and some plant pots.

Perhaps they’re just trying to prevent this

chakaping
    Free Member

a Family Toilet Seat

😯

PS. Just buy the compressor, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one.

tthew

Only wine to start with.

Been thinking about any possible drawback to this for the last five minutes.

No. I’ve got nothing.

Drywall sanding machine is a bit leftfield. Eh??

the-muffin-man

To replicate their checkouts they’ll just throw it at the bottom of your path though!

bigblackshed

staring at the compressor and thinking ‘do I really need one’?

It’s tempting……….

larkim
    Free Member

a horse riding crop

Does that get much use 😉 ?

binners

In conjunction with the compressor… yes 😀

colp

+1 on the compressor.
    I’ve even got an impact wrench so I can sound like a formula 1 team when I work on stuff.

alexh
    Free Member

The muffin man – brilliant, sums it up and the only downside to the experience.

AlexSimon

But their checkout process is brilliant!

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 for the efficient Germanic checkout experience

None of this hanging round for 10 minutes while the fanny in front of you carefully packs two items in each of the 25 free carrier bags then decides to rearrange them before paying.

lunge

+2 on the checkout experience, it’s a bloody great system and one I miss when I’m forced to use other supermarkets.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Aldi to start online sales!!!’ is closed to new replies.