Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aldi compressor fittings
  • wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

I have an Aldi compressor but as yet don’t have any tools with it.
    I’ve heard they’re some slightly odd Euro size fitting.

Rather than buying some sort of converter from Euro to BSP should i just replace the fittings on the compressor with standard 1/4″ BSP threads then buy any old standard BSP tools? If so can someone link me to the bits i need? Amazon seem to have a sh*tload and i’m a bit confused as to what bits i actually need.

Thanks.

thenorthwind

Does the compressor only have a threaded outlet rather than quick connect then? If so I’d fit a quick connector – there’s a couple of different types but one is pretty much standard and comes on most tools/hoses IME.

beefheart
    Free Member

Not sure what bits you need, but is the Aldi one still for sale and how much is/was it?
    I was about to start a ‘which compressor’ thread, as I’m wanting one for tubeless inflating duties so don’t need anything too heavy duty.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

beefheart – Member

I was about to start a ‘which compressor’ thread, as I’m wanting one for tubeless inflating duties so don’t need anything too heavy duty.

I’d recommend the free one at sainsbury’s

marcus7
    Free Member

not that i would buy an aldi compressor… but i would convert to 1/4″ BSP and then to PCL19 or similar (19 is easy to get hold of) also bin the recoil hose and get some normal straight hose, you wont regret that… 🙂

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

They come with a quick release type thing but as I understand it its a slightly odd euro standard. Looks easy enough to remove and replace, just a bit confused as to what bits I need.
    I bought it second hand btw, no idea if they still do them tbh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aldi compressor fittings’ is closed to new replies.