Albums you love but inexplicably don't own.

Home Forum Chat Forum Albums you love but inexplicably don't own.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Albums you love but inexplicably don't own.
  • Jamie

Amateurs 😑

iolo

Now now Jamie, don”t get angry.
    Just because we”ve seen a better animator than you it’s ok.
    And relax.

Premier Icon michaelbowden
    Subscriber

CFH. Fantastic album. Recently repurchased as inexplicably lost.

Jamie

Just because we”ve seen a better animator than you it’s ok.

You could see a better animator than me on your local pub’s menu board.

iolo

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Premier Icon everyone
    Subscriber

I realised the other day that I don’t own OK Computer somehow.

Love it, but for some reason, I don’t have it!

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

So – Peter Gabriel.

Not owned it since an ex girlfriend claimed it in the “I havin’ that and that and that…….” In the Armageddon that was that break up.

Sometime later I met a bit of a stunner, whilst shifting through her record collection, to see if there was going to be any issues with music taste, I found she owned So. And incidentally The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I thought “She’s a keeper”. She’s now known as The Wife. πŸ˜€

Will now go and order it and relive the heady days of young love. πŸ˜‰

So – Peter Gabriel.

*Checks collection*

Oh crap, that’s another!

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Sorry. 😳

mudshark

Well I have a copy as it’s very difficult to find to buy

toppers3933

Alt-j
    Radiohead-the bends. Love em both. Don’t own either anymore.

sweepy

Zappa, You are what you is. Dont have it cos I lent my vinyl copy to a dick.

bikebob

Rush. Exit stage left. ( wish I knew how to post the cover)

yossarian

Probably lent to someone. Will just buy it again. And lend it again. Etc.

Bob,

Have it. Love it.

jimster01

Ah, So – IMHO the Kate Bush track, the rest of the album is So-So.

B-52s, Cosmic Thing, one that was left behind during “The Split”

stoffel

Living Colour? Christ. I’m amazed anyone woud want to own any of their crap, let alone actualy own it! 😯

I don’t own a copy of Pink Floyd’s Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. Which is utterly stupid on my part.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2sA0vpA-4[/video]

JulianA

Used to like Solid Air (but don’t stay up that late and haven’t smoked weed for more years than I care to remember)

Breakfast in America is missing (used to have two copies)

Sold all of my Tubes albums (might buy What Do You Want From Live again) but have digital copies of T.R.A.S.H. and The Completion Backwards Principle, so not all gone.

Don Henley is absent from my collection, as are Joe Walsh and Glen Frey.

Just remembered that The Nightfly is also absent. Off to iTunes soon then. There go several more quids!

Julian, owe you an email/beer! To follow.

JulianA

CFH – sounds good!

carbonfiend

Syl Johnson “is it because I’m black”

deadlydarcy

The Nightfly

Ooooh…

*digs through cd collection* …must be in here somewhere πŸ˜•

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

Do ones you own on vinyl but have no means to play count?
    If so it’s about 3/4 my entire music tastes
    As for ones I don’t own at all – possibly anything by Husker Du/Sugar, used to have it all on badly copied tapes, once tapes went their own way I’ve never got round to buying it on any other medium

I also don’t feel like I ‘own’ anything I’ve downloaded, even if legitimately, it just doesn’t have that physical connection that I feel is needed to really get into an album properly, even after what 10 years of mp3’s existing? They don’t feel like mine, I need an album sleeve, track listing and all that stuff that goes with the actual noise bit

cfinnimore

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Thanks to this thread, I will go to FOPP tomorrow.

gordimhor

Marquee Moon…inexplicably lost ,replaced and lost again replaced again and you get the drift

CountZero

I’m trying to think of any. Pretty much anything I loved on vinyl I bought on CD over the years, starting with Peter Gabriel 4 in 1982; four copies of that album went back to the shop because of the incredibly poor quality of the pressings, literally like frying bacon in the background. Then the CD came out, one of the very first*. Revelation! Silence where there should be silence, great dynamics, everything a record should be.
    Never bought vinyl again.
    Well, up until I got a copy of Howling Bells new album at a gig a few months ago: cost a tenner with a CD copy, and loads of room for the whole band to sign it. How could I refuse? πŸ˜€
    Marquee Moon, The Nightfly, The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get/Rocky Mountain Way, The Bends, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road…
    No decent collection is complete without these!
    *Brothers In Arms was the first, IIRC, and I still don’t own a copy. And I doubt I ever will. Love Over Gold, however, is a superb album, and a first class recording and master. Except for Industrial Disease; that track should never have been allowed onto the album. IMHO, of course. πŸ˜‰

Frankenstein

Lost it when I moved countries πŸ™

iTunes is not the same but will have to do!

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

*Brothers In Arms was the first, IIRC,

Not quite. It was the first DDD – all digital – recording.

Except for Industrial Disease; that track should never have been allowed onto the album.

Oh I don’t know, Industrial Disease is hilarious.

deadlydarcy

Brothers In Arms was therefore DD’s first DDD CD.

(Apologies for use of 3rd person.)

And side 2’s (can’t remember track numbers on cd though) not so bad either.

Premier Icon teadrinker
    Subscriber

bookmarking for future reference πŸ™‚

grievoustim

During the 80s and early 90s most of my music was on cassette. Stupidly I got rid of them all at some point. I’ve since found that most of the ones I got a hankering to own again could be bought on CD for peanuts 2nd hand from Amazon

Most of my music purchasing (both 2nd hand and new)is on vinyl now – but owning the 90s albums of my youth on vinyl would seem wrong somehow.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Probably got all the tracks on mp3 now though.

oliverd1981

Some albums just outright refuse to stay in my collection no matter how many times I buy them

Sneaker Pimps – Becoming X
    Massive Attack – Protection (I think this turns into copies of No Protection)

Also – as I purchased OK Computer on casette tape I have steadfastly refused to ever pay for the CD.

CountZero

Ah, Burn! Not the best Purple album, but still some great toons on there. Mistreated is probably my favourite.
    Saw them at Bristol Colston Hall on that tour.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Albums you love but inexplicably don't own.’ is closed to new replies.