Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Album Of The Year
  • Its early with 2 months to go but…

im going to stick my neck out (without any regrets) and say Pearl Jam's Backspacer.

I just cannot put it down. Incredibly uplifting. Worth the album price for Just Breathe alone. Brilliant production by Brendan O'Brien.

Anyone else want to share their choice? Be good to see what others are listening to.

The album release I've enjoyed the most this year is by Muse: The Resistance.

Muke

coogan

This is one of my faves from this year:

tomzo

the xx.

And they're cover of You've got the love by florence and the machine is good aswell.

philsimm

This:

Or this:

Lungs – Florence and the Machine.

Nicknoxx

coogan

And they're cover of You've got the love by florence and the machine is good aswell.

Wash your mouth out! That was originally done by Candi Staton. Floerence and the machine have done a bloody AWFUL cover of it.

+1 for Backspacer, was really impressed by that album….good to see a well established band like Pearl Jam giving the latest fashion bands you'll never hear from again a run for their money

Premier Icon DarrenH
    Subscriber

Crack the skye by mastodon… \m/

MrNutt

Johnny Flynn & the Sussex Wit – a larum

essential!

Fever Ray, philsimm, good choice, did you catch her live?

Possibly Natasha?

downgrade

"Oh my God Charlie Darwin" by The Low Anthem. So far, anyway.

+2 for Pearl Jam.

Premier Icon downshep
    Subscriber

sodafarls

-10 for Pearl Jam.

Did you know Pearl Jam means spunk? Appropriate, as everything they have done has been self-indugent ****.

Jamie

As usual no clear fav as there have been several top lps this year…..

….but:

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Deadmau5 or as Tomzo, The XX album is superb. The Big Pink is growing on me, In this Light and On this Evening by the Editors is also pretty good.

philsimm

AnalogueAndy – Member
    Fever Ray, philsimm, good choice, did you catch her live?

Unfortunately not Andy but wish I had – apparently she's meant to be incredible live

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

These two

hi-jack

Unfortunately not Andy but wish I had – apparently she's meant to be incredible live

Saw her supporting Royksopp at Ether and in Bristol
    Strange but indeed incredible. No lights at all facing the stage, her and the band in face masks and costumes. Crowd blinded by lazers!
    /

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Album Of The Year’ is closed to new replies.