Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Alastair Campbell
  • wallop

I have just been to a CBI dinner where Alastair Campbell was the keynote speaker. He was very good.

Half of his speech was one long anecdote – an amusing part of which told the story of when he took the call from Prescott telling him he’d just thumped a bloke – but the other half was him answering written questions submitted by the audience.

He reckons Miliband will get to be PM next, in a Lab-Lib coalition. Could he be right?

He also played the bagpipes.

6079smithw
    Free Member

That professional liar should be in prison with Tony Blair

somafunk

You were at a CBI dinner with a prick like Cambpell as the keynote speaker and you didn’t have the balls to verbally abuse him with regard to his role in the “Blair” years or at the very least walk out in disgust yet you come on here an tell us he was very good?….how do you think this is going to end wallop?………… 🙄

What about asking him to tell a different amusing story, perhaps one where he colludes to fudging of the original Iraq weapons dossier that led this country into a war that has cost 100,000+ lives and destabilised a previously inert (but admittingly) still volatile central area of the middle east?.

I’d happily do time for a free go at him.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wallop

Well yes, unsurprisingly he didn’t dwell on Iraq. I should imagine many of the questions were of that ilk. I don’t actually have any balls and sadly heckling the speaker when you are a host at a dinner like that isn’t really the done thing. One of our guests had a go though 8)

enfht
    Free Member

What did the guest say, and was he applauded?

unknown
    Free Member

I’ve also seen him as an after dinner speaker. He came across as an arrogant, hateful sub-human arsehole.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Did he repeat himself? 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I hope all your guests made it back home alive too wallop. No detours into the woods or anything.

Pigface
    Free Member

He is a strange fellow that Campbell, I have seen bits where he comes across as ok, enjoyed hearing him take the Daily Mail patsy to pieces, then you remember all the vileness he has been involved with and realise that him and Malcolm Tucker are one and the same.

KonaTC

6079smithw
    That professional liar should be in prison with Tony Blair

+1

Lets not forget Gorden Brown who bank rolled them with our money

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is very good at what he does but what he does is amoral

Glad he amused, many sociopaths are charming and charismatic

gears_suck
    Free Member

I see you’ve riled the aspiring upper middle Wallop. Well done. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Did he deal with his bipolar affliction?

mrmoofo

Did you ask him what his role was in abusing and harassing David Kelly, so he or M!5 felt death was the best way out

The man is as corrupt and evil as the NOTW two …

5thElefant
    Free Member

The man is as corrupt and evil

But he’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

bearnecessities

M!5

Well I’m sure that scuppered their algorithms!

El-bent
    Free Member

I’ve also seen him as an after dinner speaker. He came across as an arrogant, hateful sub-human arsehole.

Well he had to get into a character that the dinner guests could identify with.

All Tory A-holes together.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. Have you actually met “wallop”, then?

cranberry
    Free Member

He always puts me in mind of the lyrics to a song*

I am just an aging drummer boy
    And in the wars I used to play
    And I’ve called the tune to many a torture session
    Now they say I am a war criminal
    And I’m fading away
    Father, please hear my confession

I have legalized robbery
    And called it relief
    I have run with the money
    I have hid like a thief
    Rewritten histories with armies and my crooks
    Invented memories
    I did burn all the books
    And I can still hear his laughter
    And I can still hear his song
    The man’s too big
    The man’s too strong

Well, I’ve tried to be meek
    I have tried to be mild
    But I spat like a woman
    And I sulked like a child
    Hid behind walls that have made me alone
    Striven for peace
    Which I never have known
    And I can still hear his laughter
    And I can still hear his song
    The man’s too big
    The man’s too strong

* appologies for the Dire Straights content 🙂

crispy
    Free Member

I bloody love that song…

theteaboy
    Free Member

You were the host?

What was his fee?

winston_dog
    Free Member

I’d happily do time for a free go at him.

I reckon he could have you.

binners

I think we need to be grateful to Alaistair Campbell. Yes, he was responsible for countless hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of needless deaths through his lies, deceit and conniving. And… yes…. he was instrumental in a disastrous economic policy that almost bankrupted the country, and spent his career as a cheerleader for the most amoral charlatan ever to grace the office of prime minister, but without him, there would be no Malcolm Tucker. And that’d be rubbish.

failedengineer

Binners – phew, that’s a bit harsh. I’m no fan of Blair, but was he that bad? Surely Thatcher can’t be ‘beaten’ for hateful Prime Ministers of the modern era?

I quite like Alastair Campbell …….

binners

To be honest with you, despite what Blair ultimately became, which is a truly vile creature, and much as we moan about Nu Labour, we still have to thank him and AC for kicking the Tories out of office for 13 years.

Can you imagine what a wasteland this country would now be if they’d have stayed in power? Just how much worse things would now be, in just about every way imaginable? Just look what they’re up to now. At least this lot will only be around for 1 term, despite the labour parties best efforts

lilchris
    Free Member

Can you imagine what a wasteland this country would now be if they’d have stayed in power?

Lower taxes and lower national debt?

…aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, GO!
    🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lower taxes and lower national debt?

Don’t forget ID cards.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Can you imagine what a wasteland this country would now be if they’d have stayed in power?

What I find difficult to understand is how, in this day and age with such great communications and with the amount of information so freely available, people can still be this deluded…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its an empathy thing ….thankfully you wont worry about this 😉

IDS would have been PM – how awesome would that have been

cynic-al
    Free Member

Were Campbell/Blair really any more disingenuous than their predecessors?

I suspect not, they just got found out and happened to get involved in worse stuff (eg Iraq vs Falklands).

binners

I think we’d have waved goodbye to the NHS about a decade ago. And 99.8% of the nations wealth would now be owned by 2% of the population, who had had peasant hunting legalised, and were now driving round caaaaaarncal estates with huge machine guns on the back of Range Rover Sports, taking out the inhabitants

Junkyard
    Free Member

G4S would run prisons and there would be 135, 000* prisoners

* they would have no idea but that is what they would bill us for

dabble
    Free Member

It’s not exactly a utopia now though is it, after labours failure to deal with the banks, the rising benefits culture and a war that is/ was by and large illegal.
    Can’t we all just agree politicians are self serving tosspots with one eye on the end of their term when they can charge X thousands of pounds to recount what a complete and utter shower they were whilst in power?

Edit: +1 for “at least we got Mr Tucker out of it.”

lilchris
    Free Member

I think we’d have waved goodbye to the NHS about a decade ago.

😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

Can you imagine what a wasteland this country would now be if they’d have stayed in power? Just how much worse things would now be, in just about every way imaginable? Just look what they’re up to now. At least this lot will only be around for 1 term, despite the labour parties best efforts

Ah… I thought you meant Labour! No we wouldn’t have ID cards then…

We would have social mobility. Labour well and truly stamped that out. Obviously, as people move up they stop voting labour.

ahwiles
    Free Member

binners – Member

i don’t need to imagine it, i’ve seen Robocop.

think i’m joking? – the tories are clearly angling to privatise the police force after they’ve sold given the NHS away to themselves.

i still don’t think i could get bored of punching Al Campbell though.

binners

Can’t we all just agree politicians are self serving tosspots with one eye on the end of their term when they can charge X thousands of pounds to recount what a complete and utter shower they were whilst in power?

Yes. being asked who to vote for at the moment is like being asked if you’d like the huge shit sandwich you’re about to be force-fed on brown bread, or white?

dabble
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

is like being asked if you’d like the huge shit sandwich you’re about to be force-fed on brown bread, or white?

racist REPORTS POST

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Alastair Campbell’ is closed to new replies.