Airshotz finishing taking pics at BPW

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Airshotz finishing taking pics at BPW
  • PrinceJohn

Saw on their Facebook feed over the weekend that they will no longer be taking shots after the 31st March…

Sad times – was always fun hunting down pictures of myself & ridding buddies to see who had the silliest face…

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

Is it because of the reduced hours?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Sad times – was always fun hunting down pictures of myself & ridding buddies to see who had the silliest face…

did you ever buy any?

dabaldie

He probably did. But they might not have been of him. 🙂
    That sounds a bit stalkerish but its an “in” joke.

PrinceJohn

He probably did. But they might not have been of him.

It’s only at races that happened – I have a 100% success rate of purchasing the correct picture from Airshotz thank you very much.

dc1988

Is there much money in it? Once you’ve been to BPW a few times, having a picture of yourself looking decidedly amateur loses its appeal.

Premier Icon russyh
    Subscriber

I have ridden BPW more times than I care to count but never managed to get a photo taken. I read it as BPW had made the decision, seems a shame but maybe a new contractor?

lardman

Well, thats a shame for AIrshotz.

ON the upside however, I wanted to go and take some pictures of a friend riding a while back, with some off-camera flashes etc to improve my snapping: and BPW said I couldn’t, as Airshotz had the monopoly.

Next time i’ll be taking my camera backpack then.

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

I agree thats a shame, but I’ve been a couple of times this winter and found them always set up on the worst parts of the trails. Last time I went they were set up on one of the rollers on the trail to the uplift from the cafe which had no lip, where as the one infront of it had a nice lip and could be boosted. Later that day they moved to IF and were set up on the smallest and slowest speed drop. Would have quite happily paid for pictures but they were never great.

bombjack

I actually purchased one after riding on Saturday as it looked like I knew what I was doing. Shame that they are packing it in, but if they are a jobbing photographer then they’ll probably have weddings and events lined up over the coming weekends that’ll make more money. At £5 per pic I reckon its pretty decent value compared to some of the charged you get from big events (finisherpix I’m looking at you here…)

JackHammer

Might have something to do with the collaboration with GoPro? SPECULATION!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.