Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Airshot/Schwalbe Tubeless Inflator with unthreaded presta valve
  • branes

I’ve got a Schwalbe tubeless inflator, which seems to be an Airshot by another name.

For some reason recently I’ve had a few tubeless presta valves which aren’t completely threaded – at the valve core end they’re smooth for a few mm.

This means the inflator chuck head can’t be used with them as far as I can see – it needs to thread on to the presta valve body, but for the ones I have the body is too thick to allow the chuck to reach down to the threads. Dealt with it before by using my old ghetto inflator, which I don’t have any more, or using a different valve.

Now an issue as I have a tubeless valve in deep section rims that I don’t have any alternative for right now. Tried a valve extender, but it too has no thread on the body.

Am I missing something, is there a cunning workaround?

branes

Workaround was a length of rubber tube zip tied onto the valve at one end, and an old chopped down threaded valve zip tied to the other, then the Airshot threaded onto that.

Worked well enough to convince me that (so far) high pressure road tubeless probably isn’t a good idea for me.

simonchan
    Free Member

Own the same inflator, but don’t have this issue/haven’t tried this: you could try and just hold it there with a hand? Some CO2 inflators work the same way – in which case you may want to wear a glove in case the metal gets cold. Maybe a longer term solution would be to try and find a chuck-head like that from Topeak and fit that into the hose?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Airshot/Schwalbe Tubeless Inflator with unthreaded presta valve’ is closed to new replies.