Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • AirPrint module for standard printer
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

I have a networked Brother laser printer that I can print to using an app from the iPad but it’s not ideal as it only works in a limited fashion. Is there a module that I can plug into the network or plug into the printers unused USB port that would make the AirPrint option work from the iPad?

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you have a PC/mac I think there are apps you can run on them to expose a connected printer as an AirPrint printer.

Edit: have a look at Handyprint. More info here.

aracer
    Free Member

A RaspberryPi can act as an Airprint server and plug into the USB – that’s what I have here.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Aracer, I like your idea although I don’t have the skills for such things. I’m thinking more plug and play (idiot proof)

tomzo
    Free Member
    craigxxl
    Free Member

Tomzo, does that just plug into/ connect to the wireless network

stoffel
    Free Member

Airport Express is what you need. It’s expensive though, unless you also use it connected to a hif-i/some speaksers.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Airport to Express joins your WiFi network and lets you connect printer, speakers and a network cable.

I’ve got one of the original ones, works well but just gone for Sonos so about to sell it if it’s of interest?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Gravity Slave, how much are looking for?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Good condition, boxed with manuals. As well as printer it’ll give you a network point and stream music.

£30 posted?
    Pic:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7av2skxzr69t4e/AACr6taxe822Ia4Yt5QXgC24a

stoffel
    Free Member

I’ll have it if craigxxl doesn’t want it. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘AirPrint module for standard printer’ is closed to new replies.