Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Airports Rage!
  • tarquin
    Free Member

Sure weigh my hand bags and be super anal about the weight.

Then I’m free to go and buy five coats, some timberlands, 10kg of dairy milk and a gallon of booze for more than it costs on the high street.

Feeling grumpy already and not even started the journey yet… Only 24 hours to go provided Emirates don’t bugger it up again.

caspian
    Free Member

I cope with Heathrow departures by getting absolutely shitfaced. Especially terminal 3. If you also managed a fight with a National Express coach driver before getting to the airport (resulting in 120 quid taxi) then we are on a similar level. God, I hate travelling.

Good luck!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Terminal 3 – horror fest – do they fly anywhere other than oil destinations ? Ive gone to nigeria/turkmenistan and baku from there.

Although id sooner be in terminal 3 than phc airport or even ashgabat.

Easyjet gave me the rage last time i flew with them super anal about my baggage weights – then left the stuff behind.

cobrakai

T5 tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the 4hr train journey at the other end.

cynic-al
    Free Member

UK airports do take “captive market” to new levels.

And as for parking charges/£1 to drop someone off in the car 😡

Edinburgh has installed a free water tap recently at least.

onandon
    Free Member

Flew from t5 yesterday lunchtime. No problems and quite a chilled out experience.
    My bag was 1 kg over the weight limit and I didn’t get charged 🙂
    All good with BA

tarquin
    Free Member

Flying back to Aus from Manchester via Dubai as it’s the shortest flight time and only one change. Once I’m on the plane I’m ok as I can sleep just about anywhere, get used to it working away staying in hotel motels. I’ll watch a film then lights outa,

When we arrived in Manchester I couldn’t believe they charge you a none refundable £1 for a bloody trolley for your bags. Ofc I didn’t have any English money so had to fight with two cases, two carry on bags, a bike box and a grumpy partner!

tonyg2003

T3 – my usual departure destination – lots of flights to US from T5.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i remember being over on one bag and under on the other when two of us flew. They made us swap stuff over from one bag to the other despite me pointing out they were going to carry the same weight even if we did not do this!!

Dont get rage about it though it seemed pretty daft when there was a queue of folk.

chewkw
    Free Member

I now avoid taking flights from London Heathrow. Pui! Pui! Pui! Very rude place to be.

I will be flying Emirates long haul from Geordieland in mid Jan. hmmmm …

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Gla to lhr T5 tomorrow for me, at least I’m down there all week not looking forward to flying back Friday evening tho 😕

jambourgie
    Free Member

This kind of thing, coupled with a hatred/fear of flying generally discourages me from travelling abroad. Can one still travel by ship?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks like im going back through t3 on thursday night and t5 to abz 🙂 yay weekend back

jam-bo

Depends on whose paying. Work travel I just roll with it and charge anything I need to expenses.

caspian
    Free Member

Work travel I just roll with it and charge anything I need to expenses.

These days I get on with my boss and it’s a small company so I try not to take the michael. When I worked for ENI though, I filled my boots in T3 departures. Karma soon bit. I had a hundred quids worth of oysters coming out of both ends on Turkmenistan Airlines. The mariana trench of low points

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lets face it – forgetting the oysters shootingout of both ends- you were going to turkmenistan – you were in a big low at that point!

Im going back there in june. Train up some locals to do my job.

robdob
    Free Member

I generally find people who fly regularly for work purposes are the grumpiest and most awkward. To be fair they probably get a bit sick of problems to be honest but getting narky at staff gets you precisely nowhere, in fact will probably get you worse service.

Don’t be off travelling abroad, it’s an adventure! We went to SF last year on out first foreign holiday (I’m 37 BTW) and we’ve got the big already!

andybach
    Free Member

I fly a lot with work – 100 plus flights a yr for the last 3 yrs

Getting arsey gets you nowhere – smiling a lot, saying please and thank you does work for me. I don’t think I’ve ever had my hand baggage weighed and only rarely had problems at security etc – and I always fly economy but do have frequent flier privileges so can queue jump

The rules are fairly straightforward and if I’m paying £40 for a Ryan air flight I know to keep the bag weight to a minimum whereas with Klm I can take a camera bag, big courier bag and a suitcase on as hand luggage

I always try and avoid paris and heathrow for transit flights – unless both flights are T5 – personally I love travelling – and for every bit of hassle there are dozens of amazing experiences 🙂

fourbanger
    Free Member

Checked my bike in FOC with Lufthansa 30 minutes ago. A smile goes along way it seems.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Airports Rage!’ is closed to new replies.