Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • airport parking – Bristol airport
  • burko73

Hi

Anyone know/ used a reliable and decent value airport parking option for brizzle airport?

any to recommend/ avoid?

andylaightscat
    Free Member

I use the on site parking, booked for a week in August, parking nearest terminal for circa £65

ste_t
    Free Member

I normally use whoever works out cheapest through topcashback. I think last time was the silver parking which is a couple of minutes on the shuttle bus as it’s at the back of the airport and was about £10 back off the standard price.

wallop

Goblin Combe Farm is fine.

nickjb
    Free Member

We go often-ish and always use the parking on site. It’s maybe a few quid more but not much if you book in advance. If you get a good space you can walk to the terminal. Saves time when arriving and when you come home there’s no waiting for a bus. Have been on the road within 20mins of hitting the runway plenty of times.

burko73

it’ll be for 3 days – a sat am until Monday eve.

Stoner
    Free Member

highly recommend onsite silver zone parking (edge of airport, free bus transfer). Or if youre feeling flush, the normal longstay within walking distance.
    Use code: MAR19 ro APR19 (depending on when you book) for a 10% discount.

vanilla83
    Free Member

Try this link Holiday Extras

Claims to give up to 30% off but normally gives 10-15% off the on site parking. Use it all the time.

burko73

nick

is that the long stay you use, park it yourself, keep the keys etc?

Whats the usual time you need from parking to check in?

Kamakazie

Used both Goblin Combe and The Forge one without issues.
    Much cheaper than on site both times.

ugarizza
    Free Member

Another vote for holiday extras and book onsite.
    I’ve been caught out waiting ages for off-site buses.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Long stay, go down middle rows and it sticks into short stay so much closer

Del

Long stay and silver zone. Silver zone recently updated from the portacabin. You might save a few bob with the other operators but over 3 days it’s not going to be significant. Silver zone buses run very frequently, and I travel for work, so if there was any inconvenience I would sack it off and the company would pay the premium. Long stay is walkable but I often have tools as well as regular luggage so it becomes a ball ache. If you’re traveling light it’s definitely an option.

jam-bo

I park in the new multi-storey. Cheaper than the short stay and pretty much the same walk to the terminal.

Daffy

As above and the bays are bigger in the multi story.

nickjb
    Free Member

nick

is that the long stay you use, park it yourself, keep the keys etc?

Whats the usual time you need from parking to check in?

Yep. Just the regular long stay. If you get lucky you can be in the next row to the short stay. Only a few mins walk to the check in desks. Park up, walk in. Keep your keys.

For online check-in, hand luggage we arrive about an hour before the flight. With check in maybe 20 mins more. Unless it’s skiing with skis where it’s wise to be a bit earlier.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Goblin Combe farm.

burko73

some great help here. cheers folks.

Philby

Last few times I’ve used the Silverzone parking which has regular shuttles to the airport every few minutes.

I once used an off-airport operation who picked your car up and delivered it back to you at the airport. When the car was returned after a week skiing it was covered in green algae like stuff – it must have been parked under a tree or similar.

Also be aware that there have been a couple of off-site operators who have either gone bust leaving passengers stranded or have been using minibuses without the appropriate licences and insurance – see here

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘airport parking – Bristol airport’ is closed to new replies.