Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Airport departures
  • ollybus
    Free Member

Haven’t flown in a long while. Have got an Easyjet flight with on-line check in to a European destination. How long before the advertised flight time should I plan turn up to allow time to clear security and check baggage?

atlaz
    Free Member

Depends on the airport but a minimum of an hour is best. 40 mins is the limit for most.

jam-bo

depends on the airport and time. most have a rush hour through security.

I’ve parked at Bristol 40mins before departure and still made the flight.

Lucas
    Free Member

I usually leave an hour – always end up with enough time on the other side of security to get a sandwich and have a piss. If its Stansted then security is supershite (especially if leaving before 9am) so I’d allow 15mins extra……I HATE Stansted.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spent 90 mins queueing through security at Liverpool….

Early and chill, got something better to do?

ollybus
    Free Member

Departure is from Gatwick, but its at 6am, so the earlier I want to get there, the earlier I have to get myself moving!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My phone was doing step/activity tracking when I came through Schiphol & Gatwick last month, I trebled the basic activity target, too much walking by far. It’s miles to the plane

atlaz
    Free Member

You’d want to be at Gatwick at 5am then. Like most London airports, when it goes wrong there it really goes wrong.

rocketman
    Free Member

Depends when and where you’re flying from

Provincial hell pits e.g. Manc/East Mids/B’ham 1 hour max

ollybus
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like arriving there at 5am. 😯

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’ve got an EZJ flight to Portugal in a couple of weeks – also an early morning one.

Have just received an email recommending I arrive 2 hours before the flight, so I guess that’s what I’ll aim for.

konagirl
    Free Member

There isn’t a ‘conformance’ time at Gatwick security, so you are limited by your airlines requirements. Easyjet says “Bag Drop desks close 40 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight, except for airports in Egypt, Israel, Jordan and Morocco where they close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.” So you must have dropped off your hold luggage by 05:20, even using on-line check in.

BoardinBob

My record is being woken up by a phone call from a mate at 7:05am asking where I was. My plane was due to take off at 8am.

Made it in plenty of time including a 60 second shower, 20 minute drive to the aiport and through security. Hand luggage only and had already checked in though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Airport departures’ is closed to new replies.