Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Airline hand luggage advice please
  • wombat

I need a new case that’ll be acceptable to Ryanair as carry on luggage so naturally my first though was “I know, I’ll ask on STW”.

I need it to be fairly robust to protect my laptop (don’t necessarily need a speciat compartment for it though) as well as hold enough clothes for a couple of nights away. Max external dimensions are (according to Ryanair’s website) are 55x40x20cm.

I’ve been looking at and rather like the Samsonite F’Lite cases but could be persuaded that something else would be better so over to you, what would you recomment and where should I get it from?

jota180
    Free Member

Ryanair sell a Samsonite [surprise, surprise] on their website that meets the requirements

wombat

Thanks for the tip, I saw that, looks like a good deal for £79, can’t find the same thing online elsewhere for under £100.
    Will probably go for that unless anyone comes up with a fantastic alternative

druidh
    Free Member

If Ryanair are selling it, make sure they don’t charge you extra for the strap, colour choice, packing material etc etc etc

wombat

druidh – Member
    If Ryanair are selling it, make sure they don’t charge you extra for the strap, colour choice, packing material etc etc etc

😆

That appears to be the price all in including delivery….not gone through to the payment page yet though……

EDIT
    Further investigation reveals that the Ryanair deal directs you to the Samsonite website (price is still £79)

wallop

Got an Antler outlet store near you? We went to the one in Gloucester Quays and the man in the shop was very knowledgeable about allowable sizes on the different airlines.

wombat

Wallop, good call, think there’s one at the York Macarthur Glen

john_drummer
    Free Member

I got a Pilot Case from Argos for exactly the same purpose. £25

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2858542.htm

done the return trip Leeds-Bradford to Dublin & back 6 times since March with this case no problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Airline hand luggage advice please’ is closed to new replies.