Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Airdrop Edit
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Anyone owned or ridden one? What are they like? Been offered one at a good price locally, specs great but reviews on frames are few and far between.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve always been keen to try one, but is it the V1, 2 or 3? I’m not sure of the differences with the V1/2, but I think the V3 was improved a lot.

Any owner I’ve spoken to who has one really liked them and I’ve not seen one negative comment.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I like mine, great bike for sensible money. Use it for everything from trail/XC rides to DH and enduro races, its not the fastest thing up hill or that light but it’ll get you back to the top.

I’ve one of the last V1s sold so getting on a bit, as said V1 and V2 are the same apart from the V2 has a bit more standover and stealth routing. V3 is a bit more refined/less agricultural with updated geometry, metric trunnion mount shock etc.

Mine has been butchered a bit, -2 angleset, offset bushes, coil shock and drilled for stealth dropper (roughly works out at 63HA) but apart from being a bit small (6ft on a large, no xl on v1 or v2) I think you’d struggle to beat it for the money. Theres a Facebook group with plenty of info about them, you should jump on that.

Where are you based? Welcome to try mine if local.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m near Warrington mate. The one I’ve seen hasn’t got stealth routing and I’m a nightmare for having cables as hidden as possible. Is drilling for stealth an easy job? I’m pretty handy but don’t want to wreck or weaken a frame.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I feel your pain, quite a few have been drilled. I went for under the downtube just up from the bb, others have done the seat tube as per the V2 but then you’ve got to route the hose/cable up to that rather than hiding inside the BB.

If you’re handy with drill you’ll be fine, I did mine when it was brand new which I was a bit nervous about.

Probably someone more local than me but if you happen to be down FoD/417 way give us a shout.

rob8624
    Free Member

I have a edit V2. Great bike, just as capable as more expensive and boutique brands. Very well made, mine has had a lot of use in South Wales and has held up well. As James says, not the lightest bike, bike but pedals OK. I’d certainly buy one again, and they are a great company to deal with. For the money you can’t go wrong.

marksnook
    Free Member

My last bike was an edit v.2, really liked it. Really capable downhill and solid. Went uphill as well as I did!
    Coincidently got a frame for sale cheap!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Still happy with my V2, very quiet bike, I have a 1.5 angleset on mine and it still climbs pretty well for what it is. There is a fair chance I would get a V3 in the future.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Airdrop Edit’ is closed to new replies.