Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Airdrop Bitmap
  • anagallis_arvensis

https://www.airdropbikes.com/pages/airdrop-bitmap

Looks very nice to me what do those who understand angles and geometry reckon?

joemmo
    Free Member

It’s definitely got angles, geometry and some dimensions too if I’m not mistaken. Judging from the numbers of those it can almost certainly go forward and turn left and also right. It’s also a nice colour.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Built like a tank by the looks of it.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Similar to a Crush, but would be looking for 2.8″ clearance nowadays, e.g. Whyte 905/9.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

would be looking for 2.8″ clearance nowadays,

I can see the point in plus sized tyres, but not on a bike designed around ‘normal’ tyres on the same wheels, surely that just raises the BB?

Its like the opposite of when 650b first showed up and people proclaimed it was pointless as they could fit a 1.9″ 650b in their old 26″ bike and saw no benefit.

That said, if it was 29/b+ it might have interested me more (I still want a last fast forward).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Am I out of touch, or is it quite expensive for a made in China alloy hardtail that you buy direct (i.e. no LBS)?

Genuine question – haven’t bought a new bike for years!

joemmo
    Free Member

The price is pretty much on par for a decent quality Taiwan built ( like most are) aluminum frame, yes.

Although I wouldn’t buy one I do get the appeal of this sort of bike and it seems like if you’re a UK MTB company then you need to have a quote Rowdy Hardtail in your lineup. Must mean Airdrop are doing ok anyway, which is good news.

poah
    Free Member

How does spec and price compare to a bird? Seems pretty expensive for a alu frame

stevedoc
    Free Member

Frame only price is a good start , shame its limited to 2.6 tyres

mindmap3
    Free Member

Am I out of touch, or is it quite expensive for a made in China alloy hardtail that you buy direct (i.e. no LBS)?

Its cheaper per than a Stiff Morf which is made of no name 4130 steel and is made in the Far East.

I think the Airdrop looks good, especially in the raw finish.

Speeder

I quite like the look and the geo looks pretty good but the small frame’s seat tube is too long for me at 410mm. It’s 30mm longer than I spec’d for my full sus and that will just take a 150mm Reverb given my 29″ legs.

Shame as otherwise it looks good and the price is great.

funkmasterp

Its cheaper per than a Stiff Morf which is made of no name 4130 steel and is made in the Far East.

There is quite a bit of fancy material manipulation on the Morf and the bike rides really well. Much nicer than some 853 steel bikes I’ve had. It’s not always just about the material choice, it’s what’s done with it. The Morf is genuinely one of the best hardtails I’ve ridden.

rOcKeTdOg

Makes trillion prime welding look neat

mudmonster
    Free Member

Makes trillion prime welding look neat

Think it’s okay, apart from a stop/start on the head tube is quite pronounced.

nickc

Looks good, I’d have one, but the Edit’s more than enough for what I need. Square stays very reminiscent of the 2008? Chameleon which I had before, and one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned.

marksnook
    Free Member

I thought it looked quite old school chameleon. In a good way, always wanted one of them! Shame it’s a little out of my hardtail frame budget right now

BillOddie

Shame it’s got medium wheels.  After riding 29ers for a few years I’m very loath to go back to smaller wheels.

coomber
    Free Member

Wonder what it rides like? Had a very early saracen zen with square stays and it was quite compliant. Rode a mate’s old chameleon around a little and found it really stiff.

Looks nice though and price is on par for others.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Airdrop Bitmap’ is closed to new replies.