• This topic has 49 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by chewkw.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Air Fryers – worth it, and what should we look for
  • spacemonkey

Timely thread because the MIL wants to get us a Cosori AF based on her neighbours telling her it’s the best thing ever. They’ve even offered us a demo and to cook for us, so might have to take them up on that.

But, really not sure we want another appliance sitting on the worktop and we’ve run out of storage space in the cupboards (even after my recent declutter). I might feel like justifying it if we get one with all the pressure cooker / slow cooker functions because we have those already and could move them on… but knowing the missus, she’ll want to keep them as backups!

zilog6128

Timely thread because the MIL wants to get us a Cosori AF based on her neighbours telling her it’s the best thing ever. They’ve even offered us a demo and to cook for us, so might have to take them up on that.

I feel that, because these things are all fairly new, people only really have experience with one brand/type so are obviously just going to recommend what they’ve got without even considering there might be something even better out there! “disappointing chips” according to the review I read so I wouldn’t even consider one of those personally 😂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyway, if you’re up Glasgow way, there might be som Aldi air fryers going cheap.
    One of my lads trucks* had 250 nicked after some scrotes went through the curtains in a truckstop the other night.

Not ‘his’ truck. The company he works for.

2022-12-01_01-28-43

martinhutch

You are better off for all the time you’ve saved.

That’s true, I do like to stare at my roast non-stop for the entire cooking time. 🙂

I’m sure they’re great and fill a very specific need, but I have no doubt the hype and ‘energy-saving’ marketing means that a lot of people will pay over the odds, and never recoup their money, because the gadget will end up festering alongside the spiraliser at the back of the kitchen corner cabinet about six weeks after Christmas.

ElShalimo

Daft question: does anyone use a small one in a campervan/motorhome?

Our van only has a 2 gas ring hob and a small one might be useful on mains hook-up

footflaps

From the FT

Sales of air fryers at Argos are up 420 per cent year on year, while Currys is selling 18,000 to 20,000 air fryers a week, compared with 1,000 to 2,000 around the same period last year, according to Ed Connolly, chief commercial officer. Sales of microwaves, also a cheaper alternative to ovens, are up 70 per cent.

https://www.ft.com/content/8f55e42f-00a7-4ba6-b8ad-3ef0df3d0250

Tracey

We have a Ninja at home and I think its a bit heavy/bulky for the camper. Saying that most of the Germans on the campsite in Finale last year were cooking outside the vans with them. I think they have taken over from the barbeques they usually have. I was surprised at how many of them left them outside under awnings for the duration of their stay

johndoh
    Free Member

We have a Ninja at home and I think its a bit heavy/bulky for the camper.

We have just got a 5l Cosori one (a present for me at Christmas – go me) and it’s pretty light and compact and would be suitable for use in a camper van.

retrorick

I have a xaiomi Mi air fryer. Nice and compact. If I ever get around to camping again with an electric hook up I’ll be taking it along. The single ring induction hob will also be taken. Probably work really well in a powered wooden hut with the toastie machine as well.

chewkw
    Free Member

I rather have this one. Size is larger but good reviews overall.

Cuisinart Air Fryer Mini Oven £250. But may be able to get them for £200 from Argos.

This one.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.