Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Air compressor fittings
  • benp1

I’m about to get an air hose reel to let me sit my compressor where it is but get the tyre inflator nearer the cars

Can someone please confirm exactly what fittings I have please? In the pic below I’m showing three things with two different male ends, but they both seem to work with the female end. The female end is on the end of a coil hose, looks to be the same on the compressor

Confused because it looks like I have quick release and PCL couplings but they both work OK with the hose…?

jimmy748

Top and bottom males are PCL XF or high flow (I’m the USA called automotive fittings), middle one is PCL standard airline fitting, if they both work in the Female, it must be universal.

snaps
    Free Member

Middle left is PCL type 19, not sure about the others.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benp1

Thanks

FFS – it’s like hub sizing and bottom brackets on bikes – too many standards!

I have a stapler that’s the middle PCL fitting too and that works great. The female end (on the hose) came in a kit with the top and bottom bits, as well as some other stuff. It plugged straight into the compressor, which is apparently a euro quick release

Is Euro fitting completely different?

jimmy748

PCL XF (the short one) is Euro.

mandog

I had a mixture and it was a pain so changed them all to Euro/XF.

benp1

Thanks all, really helpful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Air compressor fittings’ is closed to new replies.