Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Air Canada bans clapping after landing
  • SaxonRider

It’s true! And about time, too.

scaredypants

indecent approval

😀

northshoreniall

Flew with Ryanair this week and they play a fanfair on landing. Why?? It shouldn’t be a surprise or spectacular that they get you to your destination!
    Where will it stop? Confetti cannons when taxis arrive?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

checks url

http://www.cbc.ca/comedy/…..

I don’t mind it at all though. I’m happy when people still engage with their environment

nickc

Flew with Ryanair this week and they play a fanfair on landing. Why??

it’s great isn’t it? flew to Barcelona last year, I think I was the only one not joining in, and that’s because I was laughing too hard…

footflaps

Flew with Ryanair this week and they play a fanfair on landing. Why??

Isn’t that for arriving on schedule rather than just landing. In fact, even if they crash and burst into flames, they still play it if the crash was within the alloted time.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ryanair Fan fare is only if they arrive on time, they really don’t have anything else to shout about.

northshoreniall

I didn’t hear that it was for being on time – even so it fornst really merit fanfare! What do they play if not on time?

footflaps

What do they play if not on time?

They execute the pilot and senior cabin crew members.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The should all use jazz hands instead.

😀

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve been on a couple of flights where clapping post landing was well deserved. Anyone who has ever flown on Eastern Skyjets will be with me on this one!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ryanair Fan fare is only if they arrive on time, they really don’t have anything else to shout about.

It’s like getting a bus, what else do you want?.

GrahamS

What do they play if not on time?

https://www.sadtrombone.com/

richmtb

Its a cultural thing. Land in Italy or Romania and there is normally lots of clapping

jam-bo
    Cougar

Flew with Ryanair this week and they play a fanfair on landing. Why?? It shouldn’t be a surprise or spectacular that they get you to your destination!

It is if it’s Ryanair.

wwaswas

I’ve only ever been in one landing where there was clapping.

I think it was mostly just relief for those of us who hadn’t been screaming on the final approach that started it.

Even the cabin crew joined in which I took to mean that I could stop being stoic for a moment and add my own contribution.

devash
    Free Member

It used to be 😆

Now they’re actually very good, cheap and 99% of the time on time its a throwback to the olden days.

wwaswas

I’d be tempted to wait until I was reunited with my luggage before clapping. Perhaps they could organise it by the baggage carousel instead?

Northwind

First time I ever flew was a little 2-prop thing into London City, flying right down the Thames… On final approach the pilot put Ride of the Valkyries on the intercom. It’s all been downhill since then.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Haha. I have always thought WTF, whenever, I have been on a plane and people have started clapping when it’s landed.

freeagent
    Free Member

I flew home to London from Aberdeen a few years back, on an Easyjet flight full of Scottish football fans travelling to an away game.
    The flight was awful, high winds and lots of turbulence.
    When we landed the whole plane started clapping, and most of the footy lads broke into a rendition of Spandau Ballets ‘Gold’

I’ve got no issue with people clapping when planes land – surely we have bigger things to worry about than this??

flanagaj
    Free Member

I’ve got no issue with people clapping when planes land

If the odds of reaching your destination were really slim then I could understand it, but given it’s the safest form of transport …

Maybe I’ll start clapping the next time a taxi driver gets me to my destination.

tonyg2003

I’m not given over to clapping at landing although getting the last plane to land into Glasgow before the airport was shut for high crosswinds, I did give the pilot a clap in the general round of applause.

cheers_drive

Generally if the flight has people on it who pay for there luggage to be wrapped in cling film then they’ll likely be clapping on landing.

rOcKeTdOg

Flew with Ryanair this week and they play a fanfair on landing.

what does the black box play if it crashes on landing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depends if it lands right on time or not.

Houns

Oh ohhh! Bravo!

wallop

First time I ever flew was on a BA prop plane. I was an unaccompanied 13 year old and I got to sit on the captain’s knee in the cockpit and I spoke to Amsterdam air traffic control as we flew over. That would never happen these days 😥

thegreatape
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Nicely done.

CountZero

Its a cultural thing. Land in Italy or Romania and there is normally lots of clapping

Only if it’s the correct country you’ve landed in…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I flew with TAP air last week and it was bonkers. Both pilots were out of the cockpit together at one point, but they did leave the door open, so it was fine. I also had a little plastic glass of Pepsi poured from a 2 litre bottle and little drop of red wine too but you couldn’t actually order or buy a drink.

The crew left the seatbelt signs on for most of the flight, ignored the call button of the fella in front of me, and in the end, everyone who wanted a tinkle just got up and used the loo, seatbelt sign still on, and the crew made no fuss about it.

The seatbelt thing must have been universal, as it was on all the way back too.

slowoldman

I was an unaccompanied 13 year old and I got to sit on the captain’s knee in the cockpit

…and had you ever seen a grown man naked?

nealglover
    Free Member

😆

I bet you typed that really fast, just in case 😆

leffeboy

applauds Flashy (before it gets banned)

JulianA
    Free Member

I was an unaccompanied 13 year old and I got to sit on the captain’s knee in the cockpit

…and had you ever seen a grown man naked?

Good work there!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Air Canada bans clapping after landing’ is closed to new replies.