Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Aims, goals and quality – Scotland/ Lakes
  • fergal
    Free Member

looking for some aspirational rides that fit the criteria of the above, i love mountains and trails with a technical bent, but doable, i’m not adverse to a little suffering to find that, hidden gem, is there a ride out there that will seriously give me some psyche. 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

I can’t believe know one has suggested “spooky wood” yet, but i’m not suprised nothing has been mentioned, i am serious in my quest.

theblackmount
    Free Member

>i’m not adverse to a little suffering to find that<

Go find them yourself then instead of being a lazy b and scrounging them on here

😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Garburn, Nan Bield, Hellvellyn Dolly Waggon, Multi Pass Route round Gable.
    Or try a Tuesday Evening in Keswick
    Hows that for a start

mushrooms
    Free Member

Glentress is a must, not all great but some of it is.
    Inners also, the xc is good and it’s worth trying some the many DH runs.
    And Kirroughtree is definitely worth it.

fergal
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, alas have done all of those, probably the best thing for me to do, would be to focus on becoming a better rider. A little inspiration wouldn’t go a miss though!

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Torridon

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

One of my biking buddies is desperate to do a wee, well, I don’t actually know what you would call it… Anyway, his plan is to get the ferry over to Arran, and head up to Lochranza, in the north of the island, take a random bearing in a southerly direction, and stick to it. He’ll be armed with his bike, a pack raft and ropes. No deviation allowed from the bearing chosen, every summit, pond, loch, bog etc has to be tackled to reach the south coast.

Inspirational?.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Drumlanrig is up with the best stuff I’ve ever ridden. Don’t expect any big air though.

fergal
    Free Member

So is the descent to Achnashellach all it’s cracked up to be, stunning mountains how about the trails, must admit this has been on the list for a while, it’s finding the time to trek that far north for one trail.

Nobear sounds insane, real spirit of adventure there, good luck with that!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Aims, goals and quality – Scotland/ Lakes’ is closed to new replies.