Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ahhh the Daily Mail
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

I wish I could be bothered to find a way so that you guys don’t boost the hit count

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262443/Why-SHOULD-upset-Germans–reminding-Great-War-atrocities.html

Really…..we should be reminding Germany about finer points of the war…..100 years on…..is doing so reaaaally useful for reconciliation……..is anyone reminding us about the Boer war?

Indeed, you can scan the official blurb about the centenary and the word ‘victory’ is barely mentioned.

Oh **** noes.

Except Britain, for all its imperial faults, did not set about wiping entire tribes off the face of the earth — as imperial Germany did with the Herero and other ethnic groups.

ARRRRRRRRRRRHAHAHAHAARRRRRR oh **** god, the hilarity is killing me.

Enjoy reading this piece….I sincerely hope to god this isn’t the viewpoint of most middle Englanders.

Also, I like the authors name.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wont be clicking, not even worth getting upset about the Daily Fail these days

zokes
    Free Member

As we approach the centenary of the Great War, it seems we must strenuously avoid acknowledging that it actually achieved anything, let alone that we were vaguely on the side of right

Agreed

konabunny
    Free Member

Except Britain, for all its imperial faults, did not set about wiping entire tribes off the face of the earth — as imperial Germany did with the Herero and other ethnic groups.

Is that even try if you add the qualifier “during the time of the First World War”.

martinhutch

I’m sure the Mail will be just as principled when the 200th anniversary of the Opium Wars rolls around. Perhaps a commemorative box of Typhoo is in order – ‘25,000 dead Chinese in every cup!’.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Field Marshall Douglas Haig: “In the end, we will have 10,000 men left, and they will have none, so we will have won”.

So. No genocide there, then…

footflaps

Field Marshall Douglas Haig: “In the end, we will have 10,000 men left, and they will have none, so we will have won”.

Can’t complain about his logic!

zokes
    Free Member

Can’t complain about his logic!

Indeed – it appears he had a valid point

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OP, why do you read the Daily Mail?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had the pleasure of spending quite a bit of time in Germany over the last few years. From what little of my peers I’ve experienced, it seems to me that British people are angrier about winning the war [EDIT: wars] than German folk are about losing them. They just got on with owning Europe in a different way. 🙂

footflaps

From what I’ve read, Germany has come to terms with the Nazis over the last 20 years after decades of being in denial over the whole thing. Apparently documentaries about the war now air weekly on their TV stations.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

flappers, I think the OP’s linked article is about WW1 (though I’m not clicking the link to check). But yes, I agree, ze Germans appear to have come to terms with losing, while a lot of British folk are still screaming about winning (plus that solitary 1 world cup, forgetting all the dismal failures either side of it).

piemonster

Winning… it’s just not good for us.

Imagine winning the footy planet cup or whatever, doesn’t bare thinking about.

Shudders

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bare

😐

Blackhound

Not clicking on link either. Are DM not aware that Britain ‘invented’ concentration camps in the Boer war.

aracer
    Free Member

If we won, how come we have the DM rather than Germany?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I hope Englandshire never ever win the Wendyball Planet World Cup Globe Trophy ever again, just so we can see how long boring people can keep bringing up 1966 …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wendyball

Yay! Stay classy folks.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ahhh the Daily Mail’ is closed to new replies.