Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ahh Sunday mornings
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Used to be exciting with the prospect of a wee ride but now I’m up at 6am, changing a nappy and feeding my 12 months old daughter peanut butter on toast while I drink coffee and listen to the sounds of the 40s and 50s on the local nostalgia radio show, eagerly awaiting my 4 year old son waking up and screaming “it’s morning time daddy!”

The closest I’ll get to a bike today is looking at pictures on here.

Having said that… They’re both hugely entertaining and I’m looking into a kiddy trailer for the bike….

Kids. More naawww than bikes are gnaar.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Whilst you’re doing that I’m in whistler for 2 weeks riding before driving to California and surfing.
    It’s still Saturday night here.

Sorry

cheekyget
    Free Member

Ha ha ha….I’ve been there and done it……

I’m off out at 07:30…….for a nice looong ride…..perfect weather today!!…..

Have a great Sunday guys!!!

Pook

See earlier food poisoning thread…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Written off to have a quiet day, watched the DH replay, repacked my bags, packed the bike and now enjoying a nice pint of tassie beer in hobart airport waiting to get back to the UK for 3 weeks. Summer better still be on

alansd1980

Son turned 3 on Friday so I was up at 5.55 playing pirates and he is sitting having breakfast in a full pirate costume.
    9 month old has just started sleeping past 5 so it’s a bit of a relief.

Eldest wants to go to soft play so I might get to sit with my feet up for an hour.

Bikes…. Spent more time deciding what tyres should go on my gnarmac crosser than riding at the moment.
    Now the youngest is sleeping better hopefully that will change.

rOcKeTdOg

Just woke up in the lake district, off to explore after a leisurely breakfast

kimbers

Wife’s away this weekend so its just me and the littleuns
    We rigged up a waterslide in the garden yesterday
    I did manage a 15k ride out to the park towing them in the trailer(defo get one!), so not all bad, but the youngest had croup and now has a cough which kept him up all night (and spread it to me!)
    Been up since 6.
    I think off to the woods today to wear them out again!
    I write this from the porcelain throne while my son bangs on the door demanding I read him the magic porridge pot

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think kids are much more fun than bikes ever can be, but maybe I’m just odd?

Besides kids love bikes whether that’s being on a weeride or tag a long etc.

Why not take them both out?

iainc

swopped my sunday ride to Saturday, so had a glorious few hrs round Drumlanrig yesterday. Its currently soggy and damp, so smugness reigns 🙂

The Boss and youngest are just heading out to his footie tournament and I am dropping other one at footie match later with his grandpa and then heading to Decathlon to pick up some sale stuff I ordered 🙂

andyg1966

Two teenage boys 17.5 and 16. Will do a good ride this morning and be back before they’re even awake. They’re so missing out but not for lack of trying on my part.

Kryton57

Just spending 5 mins on the throne between running around like a maniac getting mine & kj01s bikes/kit/sandwiches/etc ready an packed before we go off to the XC races.

I’m sweating already.

rp16v
    Free Member

Up at 6 as per with the boy, girl up at 8 off for final day at the balloon fiesta and a wander around a/c will probably go for a blast tonight get used to solo riding when you have children
    Just taken a week off work so have to keep on top of my base commute miles or getting back to it will kill me

Stoner
    Free Member

Mini heat wave broke here in morzine last night with a terrific light show. Just as well I got two cracking “out there” rides in over the last few days. So now sitting on the balcony with coffees+ watching the rain setting in. Mrs Stoner gets the joy of a last wet run before flying back home for a few days in the office before she returns. I guess I’ll just have to stay here with the kids and keep entertained 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Mine are 18 & 16 so little chance of seeing them befor 11am. May get up in a moment and have a leisurely breakfast.
    Did ride 26k with my eldest yesterday though.
    Blimey! 16 yr old is up, house must be on fire!!!

edlong
    Free Member

Should be out riding with the other half, we’ve only recently decided the kids are old / sensible enough to be left alone for a couple of hours.

Instead I’m lying in bed producing stupid amounts of phlegm. Other half will be back from her ride soon.

ojom
    Free Member

Wee one was not up til half 7 so that was a nice change.

Currently running thread full raspberry blowing test cycle. Quite happy.

Next week it could be lip vibrations again like last week or indeed shaking the living shit out of any toy regardless of size or function.

lapierrelady

Raced the Ard Rock Enduro Sport yesterday. Feel like I was put in a sack and beaten this morning when I didn’t even crash! Waiting for Mr Lapierrelady to wake up so we can go for brunch, might get the paddle boards out later if it’s looking nice.

surfer
    Free Member

Two teenage boys 17.5 and 16. Will do a good ride this morning and be back before they’re even awake. They’re so missing out but not for lack of trying on my part.

I’ve got a 17 yr old who is pretty agraphobic (plays Rugby a bit) despite me building him well specced bikes over the years and living 40 mins from Llandegla he hates cycling (or running, walking, kayaking, camping……..)
    I grew up in a pretty rough part of Liverpool and had very little opportunity when I was a kid, dont know they are born etc etc

Anyway back on track, I would normally be out now either running for 10+ miles or road riding but I went to a mates BBQ last night and woke up feeling a bit “tender” so mess around this morning then go for a short run later with the Spangle to test my injured calf after a couple of weeks off and either go for 60 mile road ride or go the Llandegla for the afternoon. Generally all good 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Chilled earlier and now a quick clean up and Hoover before I get the bike out.
    Motorised one today – taking the very long twisty route to GF’s for an evening bbq

Spud

Sat in the caravan awning as it rains (again) in Oban. We’ve done as much as we do normally in 8 days when interspersed with beach days. Did get to top-up the tan lines on Friday which helped my mood somewhat. I am up first these days before kids (9&7) and Mrs H.

stewartc
    Free Member

Went for a short 7am trail run up in the hills nearby, it was hitting the late 20’s in temperature by 8 so headed home, a few hours laying by the club pool and now some chores to.keep the wife happy, lazy Sundays are the best.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Got a lie-in till 10 today, had a pretty lazy day then came out to work. Get the full day to myself tomorrow though as the child unit will be in nursery, what I do with any spare time will depend on the weather. Might pick her up in the trailer actually…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/J9crhqZBqpM[/video]

Also in Whistler, here’s what I was up to this morning (spectating, not riding)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ahh Sunday mornings’ is closed to new replies.