Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ah the joy of dismantling things that never need to go back together…
  • Northwind

Finally dived into the mountain of motorbike bits up the back of the garage and started seperating it into bin-scrap-sell. And man is it satisfying trashing things. Dismantle forks with a hammer? Why not. Fiddly clippy thing on the end of a pillion peg annoying you? Angle grinder!

On the downside I seem to be deaf in one ear. Also a wee bit worried that this might get infectious and once I’m done I’ll end up roaming the streets with a sledgehammer smashing up cars.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Looks like you’ve already started on Orange 5’s 😉

spchantler
    Free Member

my favourite is old electronic gear, old circuit boards, especially old pc’s, OH doesn’t like it tho…

bruk

Bought a sledgehammer as needs to knock down a wee wall at last house. Totally addictive. Was looking around after thinking hmm what else can I destroy.

br
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got rid of this (just in time as we’ve now a Dining Room).

About 5 ton, including a couple of axles that two of us struggled to lift. Majority has been either scrap of we’ve burnt in the stove, but also out of it came about 100ft of Mahogany :-), which I’ll be using for the kitchen and 50 brass bushings.

bencooper
    Free Member

You smashed up an antique threshing machine ?!

project
    Free Member

When i was doing my apprenticeship, oner of the lads was tasked with dismantleing an engineering model, he dismantled the wrong one with a hammer, we where in a lecture when he was called from the class room, to return to work, he never returned to college .

Always make sure what you dismantle is finished with

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Ben, we’ve got one here if you want one?
    Although if that has been smashed up it is a crying shame, but can we have some of the ‘scrap’ that came from it???

br
    Free Member

You smashed up an antique threshing machine ?!

Yep, couldn’t give it away (except for a chap in Italy that wanted the name plate). Unfortunately when the Mill was renovated it was done around it, so no other way, and as it was I had to akro the ceiling.

Although if that has been smashed up it is a crying shame, but can we have some of the ‘scrap’ that came from it???

email in profile, what bits do you want?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Do you know what year & make it is/was?
    My dad’s into them, so if i can pass on some details to him, as he knows a lot more than me about them but usually pullies & belts are always welcome amongst other things

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve already got a model paper machine in the shop – can’t fit in anything else non-bike-related 😉

I just think it’s a shame to see such things destroyed…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

email sent br

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Smashing up my old telly was very satisfying for all sorts of reasons but that first hammer hit into the screen was a joy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ah the joy of dismantling things that never need to go back together…’ is closed to new replies.