Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • aggro hardtail
  • al523
    Free Member

I can’t decide on either Whyte 905rs, Nukeproof scout 275 or Orange crush all about £1600
    I’m looking ideally for something that can 20 mile loop a bit of bmx track and short downhill any advice ??

alextemper
    Free Member

Bird Zero AM

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’m looking ideally for something that can 20 mile loop a bit of bmx track and short downhill any advice ??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    darrenspink
    Free Member

Seriously though any bike can do those, what will most of your riding be?

coomber
    Free Member

Bird as mentioned.

Or build something up. £1600 is a big hardtail budget

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I like my Whyte 901 – same frame as the 905 I think but lesser kit on it. I would probably go for something a bit more individual with a bigger fork and a through axle at the back if I was in the market for another rowdy hardtail. It could also do with a bit more clearance.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

As tradition dictates… buy a pp shan. I did the great glen way on mine…..

lee170
    Free Member

I have a 2015 crush and it’s mental, the 2016 crush is meant to be even better.
    Confidence inspiring, especially when it gets lairy

al523
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice so far its one of those three that i defo going to look at it’s more indival experience of riding those three bikes and for their personal thought’s on them. I’m test riding the Orange & Whyte but struggling on a demo for the NP.
    In answer to main riding it’s the odd bmx track rip wth son , blast in woods and 20 mile road trip to the woods.
    Cheers

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No MTB is going to be that great on a BMX track surely?

Bregante

Sonder Transmitter has to be worth a look.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I have a Bird Zero AM, great for all of that. Rides in the Peak, rides with my boy, pumptrack, jumps and good on smooth flowy DH trails.

It’s very similar to a Crush on paper but I prefered it.

They are long, I’d suggest a test ride. I’m 6′ and ride a medium as I wanted low seat and reach is bigger than my old large Nukeproof Mega.

Cotic BFe? The old 275 is cheap at the moment, the new one has stealth routing and 142 back end, the reasons I chose my Bird.

No MTB is going to be that great on a BMX track surely?

Lots of people riding hardtails at my local track.
    Freddy does OK on his Cotic…

[video]http://vimeo.com/167020082[/video]

qwerty
    Free Member

P7 ?

wl
    Free Member

Got the new P7 and it’s bloody mint. Done 30-milers around Calderdale on it, taking in all the best descents, legal and cheeky. Nephew has the new Crush and that’s good too – his large measures up similarly to my medium in wheelbase. Both have low BBs and slack fronts. Very similar weights (his is very slightly lighter but has Revs not Pikes and lighter tyres).

t-p26
    Free Member

Mondraker Vantage?

timmys
    honourablegeorge

I very like this

Hell Freezes Over, Cotic releases thru-axle BFe model

The Slackline above is even more lovely and offers plus size compativility, but costs a fair whack more.

buckster
    Free Member

Commencal Meta AM CroMo

mrphil
    Free Member

Have an On One 45650b forsale that would suit your needs. Even get £500 change from yur budget.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Stanton switchback steel all the way

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve done this (had pretty much the same requirements as you) with a Stanton slackline, but eventually ended up building another bike for the BMX track. It is possible but not ideal to have a bike to ride them all on but you will have compromises somewhere. Travel adjust forks with lockout will make the BMX sessions much more tolerable. A slack angled hardtail feels pretty cack at the track, as do big draggy tyres but if you’re not racing then you can have fun on anything.

tomhoward

Chameleon

funkmasterp

The new Bfe 26?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Loved my MK I steel. Bloody great bike. I’m now on the Ti version…

1timmy1
    Free Member

Another vote here for the Whyte 901/905, but I have nothing to compare it to.can do 20 mike easily and deal with descents.

onewheelgood

Go properly niche with a Sanderson Blitz.

al2000

Loved my MK I steel. Bloody great bike. I’m now on the Ti version…[/quote]

My mk1 steel Switchback is ace. Please tell me the Ti is rubbish, so I don’t have to buy one.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Bird Zero TR or Whyte 905

boxxer7
    Free Member

al2000 – Member

Loved my MK I steel. Bloody great bike. I’m now on the Ti version…
    My mk1 steel Switchback is ace. Please tell me the Ti is rubbish, so I don’t have to buy one.

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’ve had a couple of Ali hardtails in the past and I’ve had 2 steel, both have been far less harsh than my Ali bikes.

Got my switchback frame 2nd hand finished building it up last month and was a bit worried it would be to small for XC but it’s perfect and its a lot of fun doing it, makes you pop off every little edge.

Went and did a little DH on it last weekend as my full suspension was in pieces and again so much fun very on the edge the whole time pushing as quick as I dare.

It’s more Fun than my charge blender was and I loved that bike but it sucked at anything that didn’t have gravity helping!

Stantons are pretty expensive but the ride is really really good if you want a aggro hardtail they should be right up your street.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘aggro hardtail’ is closed to new replies.