Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Aggh!!…Totally irrational customers that push the boundaries of 'Always right'
  • NZCol

Customer service always has some pearlers, I worked in the ski industry and heard some very special people say some very stupid things.

Best recent one was after we had tested an application about 9 months ago, they rang up in a bit of a flap about a security problem that we ‘had missed’. We had a quick look at it and they had replaced the whole application with something else but somehow we were supposed to have known that and silently gone back and tested it for them. Bizarre and irrational. I eventually got some sense but it took a while and a fair few people to actually point out that we were not mind readers !

konabunny
    Free Member

I’d have to refuse that as well, stating that anyone could have signed that; how do I know that you are the person named on the card?

In that instance, it was you that was out of line.

stumpy01

Konabunny – out of line, how?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ambrose

Many years ago someone I know well worked in a village shop, on the butchery counter. Mrs Smith comes in, wanting some corned beef. My friend reaches for the corned beef on display to slice it for her but she doesn’t want that piece, she wants some from a new tin. Sigh.

So- the customer is always correct remember- he nips out to the cold store and retrieves a can of corned beef (BTW- these things are big, about the size of a 5 litre oil can). Can is opened in the preparation area to the incessant nagging of the customer. Using an old fashioned ‘stab it and jack it along’ type can opener can leave nasty sharp edges and inevitably under stress the web between my friend’s thumb and fore-finger was sliced open. Loads of blood, all over the place. Woman rants and nags on, oblivious of the damage. Under the tap goes the corned beef. A quick nod to the other staff to continue serving and the meat was sliced to Mrs Smith’s satisfaction.

The customer is always correct.
    Caveat emptor.

I do not condone this behaviour. FWIW, It was in about 1980 or 1981.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Aggh!!…Totally irrational customers that push the boundaries of 'Always right'’ is closed to new replies.