Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • AGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've taken TJ's avice and bought some of this………..

Next I'll be riding arround a motorbike which came with pipe'n'slippers as optional accessories and no helmet 😕

Will someone please give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be ok, the missus doesnt get home for another 4 hours and I need comforting 😥

n.b. I feel sightly better now that it's arrived and it turned out to be the size of a tin of roses not the tin of shoe polis I was imagening.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The wax is meant to be an every-now-and-then application with regular lubing done using the DX11 spray (as recommended by Putoline)but if TJ says it's OK then I'm sure he knows best……..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Works for me. Hopefully it will for you or you can curse me to high heaven on here

I have been using it for a year and won't be going back to cycle lubes any time soon

uplink
    Free Member

I don't use it on push bikes but back when I raced motorcycle enduros, I used to permanently keep one chain in the tin & swap it over each week

seemed to work quite well

ken_shields
    Free Member

When you're heating it up do not under any circumstances spill it into the cooker or hob coz it will make all your food taste of chain lube which speaking from experience is not nice 😳

Padowan
    Free Member

So if I understand it, you boil up the chain in the lube so that the wax permeates right into the rollers. I like the sound of that to be honest, filling chain roller voids with wax would stop mud/sand/cack from getting in there instead.

Do you need to clean your chain before doing this? If so, how thoroughly and if not, doesn't all the mud and crud just end up in the tin with the wax?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

God that takes me back!! I can still smell the aroma of this stuff even though I gave up Enduros in 1990. I would have thought it was a bit too power sapping for cycling, there is a definite knack to getting just the right amount of grease into the chain pins,, don't just dip a cold chain into it as the wax just coats the side plates which doesn't do anything much. If you lie the chain on top of the cold solid wax and heat very slowly the chain heats up as well and then fish it out when it drops into the liquid, holding over the tin to let it drip. Wipe with the proverbial oily rag and there you go.

uplink
    Free Member

When you're heating it up do not under any circumstances spill it into the cooker or hob

most people tend to use a Primus or similar out of doors

Pigface
    Free Member

Riding Enduros with out o ring chains 😯 what were you thinking

Starrman28
    Free Member

You'll spill it>>>everyone does

uplink
    Free Member

Riding Enduros with out o ring chains what were you thinking

They didn't have O ring chains then 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Come on Uplink i put on O ring on my Husky in 89, cost an absolute fortune.

uplink
    Free Member

we're talking the 70's here 😀

& things like Cheney-BSAs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘AGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.