Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Age gap between you and your partner?
  • Rubber-Duck

Me 44
    Wifey 31
    Kids 8,4 and sorta -8 months.

Mooman – over 13 years between us. Great fun from the start and still is. Only down side is that I will probably die first.

tails
    Free Member

I will if you will!

Well the reason I started this is because I recently met someone and I’m 8 years older, I can’t deny I do think about that gap and I think she does aswell as she teases me, but I thought sod if I like her go for it. Which judging by you lot I have the right plan.

I turned 28 a couple of days ago and she turns 20 in two weeks!

paulo6624
    Free Member

Lol lee count me in

davidjones15
    Free Member

I turned 28 a couple of days ago and she turns 20 in two weeks!

The older you get the narrower the gap becomes in maturity terms and therefore less important. It’s also a question of the personalities involved. It’s all about you and nothing to do with anyone else, if you’re happy, go for it.
    For me, I was 40 and she was 26. I didn’t last , but bloody hell it was good fun. 🙂

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

im 40 and and the missus is 28…just under 13 years gap.no big problem really…her obvious greater maturity helps! im pretty young at heart so its all cool…

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP when I was 23 I went out with a 32yr old for 5 years.

I don’t think age was really factor and we broke up for other reasons…there are a lot of factors but no point in worrying about any of them really, especially in the early stages.

Tracey

Im 11 years younger

samuri
    Free Member

I’m 7 years younger than my wife. I’ve been out with a woman who was old enough to be my mum though. I bet a phsycologist would have a field day with those two facts.

My sister is married to a bloke 12 years younger than her.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’m 7 years older, but my father was 25 years older than my mother – beating magoo37!

emsz
    Free Member

Sara is a a bit less than a year older than me.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Magoo’s now into 2nd place

I’m 46 and a half
    Mrs Gixer is 24 and a third

So she’s got 22 years on me and is 5 inch taller – not done too bad for a short, bald, grumpy scotsman.

Met at work when she was on a scholarship placement.
    Married last July, Baby Gixer due in June 😉

magoo37
    Free Member

fair play Gixer!! The age really isnt an issue as long as you go into the relationship having talked about the pitfalls etc … we are getting married next year (having proposed to Sam on xmas day shortly after we spent the morning riding downhill tracks!!)

Now I’d be REALLY impressed if anyone beats Gixer and me!!

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m almost 31 and mrs peter file just turned 24.

She’s far more grown up than me 🙂

restless
    Free Member

There were 13yrs between me and my ex.
    I was 27 , he was 40 when we met, and were together for 5 yrs.

But, he got old and boring and stuck in his ways, so had to go.

sparkyrhino

12 years older married 10 years in july.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Nothing wrong their Tails, have some fun mate. All down to the individuals not the age.

instanthit
    Free Member

My wife is 13 years younger than me, she’s 36 yesterday. Took a while for the mother in law to come to terms with me whisking her then 21 year old daughter away, but soon won over and we have two little ones.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m 4 years older than the missus, pretty average I expect

GaryLake
    Free Member

9 days

Clover

Current (lovely) bf is 4 years older than me.

Ex was 21 years older than me. After the initial bit it was awful. And really really hard to get out of (my house and it feels pretty shit throwing an older bloke out, even after I discovered that he was hacking my emails and had nicked my phone).

Anyway, if any of you older blokes with lovely young wives and girlfriends have so much as a single green-eyed thought, go and get your head examined before you make her life a misery.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I’m 37, the missus is 28.

Rosss
    Free Member

Peterfile had so much potential to put this thread to bed, Shame 😆

2 weeks for me

STL

Me 36, hubs 71 (30 ish in the head!)
    Married 7 yrs, together 12.
    Just works, can’t explain it.
    Sorry magoo37.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Impressive stuff from STL – we’ve got a 13 year age gap; I’m just about to turn 50 and mrs D_J is 37 this year. We’ve been married 10 years. I had a long think about it before committing to marriage, but in practice it’s been pretty straightforward so far. We have a lot in common in terms of interests and activities, which helps, and enough stuff we like doing separately to keep the whole thing healthy and both of us developing as people.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I’m 4 days older

5th July my bday
    6th July our wedding day (4yrs ago)
    10th July her bday !

you’re as old as the woman feel !

Stu_N

2 1/2 years. I was cougared. It’s ace.

nick3216
    Free Member

I’m older by just over 5 years.

avdave2

I rather like the idea of a 19 year old between us.

SaxonRider

3 months between us, and it’s a real issue, seeing as I’m so much wiser.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I’m 12 years older than Mrs Stratobiker.
    We’ve been together 20 years.
    Married 7 years.

SB

Dawnrazor
    Free Member

2 days, im older

Bunnyhop

13 year age gap for us, surprisingly I’m the older.
    Maturity wise we meet somewhere in the middle.

garage-dweller

Wife is four years older than me. We met at ages 29/33, knew what we wanted in a partner and are now married with two kids and very happy.

colournoise

6 years older than Zoe, so no biggie in the context of this thread. Together 11 years, married 6.

Met when I was 31, so age gap not really noticeable, especially since I’m just a big kid and Zoe was pretty much born middle-aged.

slainte 😆 rob

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Bit of a pattern emerging that looks like most of the guys are a few years older. Are women our age really that bad? 🙂

sadmadalan

Nearly 7 years and she is older than me. Been married 22 years, so I am not sure it is much of an issue. Both active helps

monkeyboyjc

shes a year older / i’m a year younger.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Previous partner was 5 years younger than me, current bf is 5 years older.

Age differences are fine in either direction (older or younger), it’s interests / attitudes / behaviour that’s important in terms of compatability, not age.

kimbers

im 3 months older

met at uni same year etc

real bias toward older guys/younger women here

is that reflected in society as a whole

or is it because all us mtbers have rippling muscley pecs, gluts and abs? and a childish enjoyment of playing on bicycles?

😉

restless
    Free Member

Bit of a pattern emerging that looks like most of the guys are a few years older. Are women our age really that bad

Its the oher way round I think.
    Women are more emotionally mature than men in general , so don’t want to go out with somebody who is more like a kid than a partner!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Age gap between you and your partner?’ is closed to new replies.