• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Aftershokz, helmet straps and Oakleys – do they fit together?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Santa has asked what I want for Christmas and I quite fancy a pair of Aftershokz. Just wondering how well they fit when mixed with helmet straps and riding glasses – does one get in the way of the other at all?

Not a thread for discussing the merits of riding with music or the finer points sound quality of Aftershokz please, just practical experience.

zippykona

Yeah, no problem. Was out for 2 and a half hours today and no problems whatsoever. I have tinnitus and can’t wear anything in our over my ears.
    Aftershox are perfect.

zippykona

cb200
    Free Member

Yes, regularly ride with all three. Aftershox on first, then helmet, then Oakleys (EVZero) all work fine together.

alialiali
    Free Member

They are not great with my POC Omne as the plastic things on the helmet straps sit right over the play/pause button on the headphones and can accidentally press it. No probs with any other brand of lid so more an issue with that helmet though.
    I use the Aftershokz a lot more than I’d expected for things like gardening, shopping, running etc.

nickc

Not great with Bell Sixer and straight armed glasses. It’s all a bit too cramped in by the ear/strap/space for glasses. Sounds of aftershoxs isn’t the best either in my experience .

MoreCashThanDash

Mixed reviews so far then 🤣

Rio

I rode for a couple of hours with my Giro helmet, Oakleys and Aftershokz today with no problems, but then:

the plastic things on the helmet straps sit right over the play/pause button on the headphones and can accidentally press it

the play/pause button on mine stopped working ages ago so this is not a problem I have. This is my second replacement pair after the first two failed. As requested I will make no comment about the unexpectedly poor sound quality.

bigrich

use them daily. only issue I have is the battery dies after about 4 hours.

sound quality is fine, and exceptional when you factor in you can hear cars coming up on you.

river256
    Free Member

They work fine with my kask and knock off POCs.

b33k34

Generally they work fine.

Love mine. Get used a lot.

alan1977
    Free Member

yup.. with my met terranova? lid and oakley glasses, although the glasses are only on in the summer

sheck

Not all Aftershokz are created equally… my old set worked OK, my new ones – the  “Air” ones work perfectly for me

K

Happy Aftershokz, Oakley and Julbo (glasses and sunglasses) with helmet Giro, Bell and smith user here. If the head band bit of the helmet is too low to your ears it could be a problem. (was in a helmet I tried that was too big and the ratchet wound in a lot)
    I find the audio quality better than I expected, maybe I’m a bit more bone head so more conducting…

Only problem I have is deciding to have rear straps over or under with a road helmet.

Daffy

Specialzed Prevail/Aeropex/Flak XL2.0 work perfectly. As does my Kask MTB lid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Aftershokz, helmet straps and Oakleys – do they fit together?’ is closed to new replies.