Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • After the re-engineered Porsche 911 thread – here’s one for Land Rovers!
  • Premier Icon jamj1974

As above really, these guys re-engineer Land Rovers and they have plans for an EV one.

If I lived in a remote rural area a rugged utilitarian one but with modern drivability and reliability would be a dream.

Anyway click on the link to see a YouTube review of one of their models.

Premier Icon Murray

Nice one, I’ll bear it mind when I’ve next got £200k to spare!

Premier Icon tomhoward

Whilst I appreciate there is a market for £200k off roaders, and a market for old Land Rovers, I imagine the intersect on that Venn diagram is infinitesimally small…

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Trying to work out what makes it any better than stock for intended purpose ?

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

@kenneththecurtain

You should sue. They stole your idea….. Least your bonnet closes properly though.

Premier Icon Edukator
    Free Member

£250 000 Landy and he’s got the most miserable expression on his face I’ve seen in a while. The body language backs it up. Do you have to qualify as a miserable git to buy one?

Premier Icon TiRed

How did they improve the crash safety when you hit that Renault Espace head on? My BIL’s restorations barely go above 30, and that includes his mk1. I prefer that.

From 6 min. Makes me feel quite sick

Premier Icon RustyNissanPrairie
    Free Member

The military TUM/TUL/Wolf 90 at the beginning was far better than the fast overpowered Tractor.

Premier Icon jamj1974

They are huge prices, but they are not all stupidly big engines to make it something it isn’t. Some of them are sensible if you look at the website.

The luxury thing isn’t for me – but a restomod with more modern brakes, transmission and economical engine would be my choice of 4×4 if I lived up a mountain somewhere very remote.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Issue with nice clean efficient engines is…..sensors. if you can’t get it going with a hammer and an adjustable….it’s a liability

Equally if you can’t stick the pressure washer in the door to clean the cab.

Is it even a land rover.

Premier Icon timbog160

I have two Wolfs and love ‘em to bits. Being the good old 300tdi I have tweaked the injection pumps just to make them a tiny bit more lively, but I honestly don’t see the point in going any further.

I suspect they don’t expect to sell many of these though – probably more of a rolling advert to show what they can do, and attract people in with less ambitious projects.

Premier Icon jamj1974

Personally, I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I spent that kind of money on a car anyway – even if I won double or triple figures on the National Lottery.

Premier Icon vmgscot

Twisted down in Yorkshire do a similar thing.
    I do regret selling my last 90.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.