Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • After-market reverse parking sensors in S Manc, E Cheshire?
  • higgo
    Free Member

Bit of a random one this but….
    Has anyone got any recommendations for someone to fit reverse parking sensors in South Manchester or East Cheshire?

adscatt
    Free Member

We use bespoke technology at work to sublet some of our work out.

null

higgo
    Free Member

Thanks.
    I’m sure they do a good job but they seem to be more at the Bentley/Lambo end of the market – £250 for colour-coded ones. I’ve seen places that charge <£150.

Anyone got any recommendations for someone who’s done a good job at that end of the market?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Do you have one of these?

br
    Free Member

Tow bar works for me 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Diy, they’re really simple. I bought a phillips kit off ebay for £30. Came with a holesaw too.. Pop em in, find a place for the control box in the boot and connect a wire to the reverse light.. Took me about 30 mins to do an X-Trail

M6TTF
    Free Member

all the aftermarket ones seem so fugly – like warts on your bumper

joao3v16
    Free Member

How has reversing a vehicle suddenly become impossible without special needs equipment?

higgo
    Free Member

Do you have one of these?

I do. And I can use it.

higgo
    Free Member

How has reversing a vehicle suddenly become impossible without special needs equipment?

Crikey, people, they are parking aids. It is not impossible to park without them but it is easier to park with them.

I could almost certainly park the car in question without mirrors or power steering. Should I rip those out and re-upholster the seat in sackcloth for you?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Mine are colour coded and don’t stand out.

IHN

Which kit did you go for Mr Monkey?

(and mine would be for a van, if that’s okay with the parking nazis)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

No idea mate, I just picked one, but came with a phillips control box about the size of a deck of cards.. Very loud too, had to wrap it in tape!

What van is it? I have bought some for my lwb relay, but found them so so.. Was hard to get the space right for loading and opening doors.. I fitted a cheap reversing camera, much better. Was about 60 quid, with a small 2.5 inch screen. Its just about big enough

higgo
    Free Member

I bought a phillips kit off ebay for £30. Came with a holesaw too.. Pop em in, find a place for the control box in the boot and connect a wire to the reverse light.. Took me about 30 mins to do an X-Trail

Interesting. Mine’s an X-trail too.
    I have had a quick poke about in the boot/bumper but couldn’t see an obvious way to get the sensor leads from the back of the bumper into the body of the boot.
    Any hints/tips?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Can’t remember how I did it now, and wasn’t difficult though. I did take the middle bumper cover bit off, Bolts are under the spare wheel boot cover, most of mine snapped though, so replaced them with some stainless ones.

higgo
    Free Member

Right.
    I’ve bought a DIY kit. How hard can it be? If a Monkey can fit them, no matter how Funky he is, I’m sure I can.

If anyone’s following an X-Trail with four (or less) reversing sensors pointing randomly out of five (or more) holes and a faint smell of electrical burning, feel free to say hello.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘After-market reverse parking sensors in S Manc, E Cheshire?’ is closed to new replies.