• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by snaps.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • After a 29er 120mm fork.. any recommendations?
  • astura
    Free Member

Contenders so far are as follows (all non boost)

Rock shox Rebas RLT

Rock shox Sid RL

Magura TS6 (don’t know much about these)

Fox 32 Talas FIT CTD

Marzocchi LR320

I am mainly doing XC but do like the odd drop off and jump 🙂

TheFlyingOx

X-Fusion Slide is 120mm 29″.

Can’t remember what model it is but a mate has a travel adjust X-Fusion (think it’s 110-130mm) on his Pivot 429c and it’s superb. Can’t see why the Slide would be any different.

astura
    Free Member

IL take a look, IV been advised the maguras are not the best – however I can get them pretty cheap

Onzadog
    Free Member

I just bought a Fox 34 performance elite for £350.

It’s a 44mm offset but I’m thinking I’ll not actually notice.

daimo
    Free Member

I managed to nab a 2018 120mm pike for £485 from chain reaction!!!!!!! That includes my 10% British cycling discount .

daimo
    Free Member
    jimdubleyou

Can I ask where? I currently have Float 32s but have fancied 34s for a while…

Onzadog
    Free Member

It was boost, but the 34 was/is available at CRC/Wiggle

Whydot

I recently got a set of Ohlins RXF34s. I like. A lot. Very coil-esque in feeling, track the ground very nicely, and very supple. Night and day when compared to my old Rockshox Revs.

I didn’t get them new however, they are a touch spendy.

snaps
    Free Member

I might be selling these – brand new but they don’t match my new frame

tomtomr

It’s a 44mm offset but I’m thinking I’ll not actually notice.

Hi Onzadog,

I don’t suppose you could let me know the 4 digit code found on the rear of the lower legs? I’m looking to see if these can be extended to 140mm with just an air shaft swap.

Thanks, Tom

vincienup
    Free Member

My 120mm 29er is rocking a Yari which was a huge improvement over the previous Reba…

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Pike with 120 airshaft.  I could maybe sell you a pair if you are interested?  They are 2014, 140mm bought from and serviced by local bike shop (serviced recently in the summer).  Done about 800miles on them.  I also have the aforementioned 120mm airshaft.  Let me know if you are interested.  They are not boost.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@tomtomr.

C7XC. Let me know what you discover. I might like to extend mine one day.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I had X-Fusion slides but changed them for X-Fusion Trace’s set at 120mm. They’re much better – track much better with the bigger stanchions, unsurprisingly. Whatever you go for I’d recommend 34mm stanchions as a minimum requirement.

tomtomr

Thanks Onzadog

James from J-Tech has confirmed that the damper in these is limited to 120mm. To extend the travel you’d need a new damper (£250) as well as the air shaft.

Tom

Onzadog
    Free Member

@tomtomr, cheers. J-tech is where I went for the evol air spring upgrade for these.

I did look at the spec from the code. It said 120 but it wasn’t clear to me if that was meant as the maximum travel or the current travel.

tdog
    Free Member

@snaps, just outta interest seeing as they are gorgeous and all that jazz- how much?

snaps
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘After a 29er 120mm fork.. any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.