Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Affordable car rental/leasing for a month
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

My Focus (08 1.6 TCDI) hasn’t been well for a while and is currently off the road and I’m looking for a new motor. Getting to work is fine as its only a 25 minute blip on the bike however at the weekends I need to pick my son up from his mums which is a 40 mile trip and keep getting sent on mandatory training in another town which a 50 mile round trip. Having assessed the public transport options of untold hours, countless connections and cost I had been hiring a car but again this cost is also becoming prohibitive.

Given my working hours over the last couple of weeks I have been unable to get my car into a garage to see what can be done in the short term to get it back on the road. By the end of November I will have a new vehicle so it only has to run until then. I had considered spending a few hundred on a banger to last between now and then but on balance think that if mine can be repaired for the same kind of money this is a better option as I know there is nothing else wrong with the vehicle and will (hopefully?) generate better resell value. The rental cost is around £100 for each weekend so that would give me a repair budget of about that.

I rent through Enterprise as they give a good NHS discount so had considered getting one for a month however this rolls in at around £800. What other options are there for renting/leasing a car for a month that may be more affordable?

simon_g

https://www.evezy.co.uk/ although they’ve got busy and the the waiting lists can be steep now.

Worth calling the car hire firms rather than website quotes, they have long-term hire teams and may be able to do better prices than x days at y rate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Affordable car rental/leasing for a month’ is closed to new replies.