Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Afan good after rain?
  • mooserider
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Just about to go riding after 2weeks of really heavy rain, does anyone know if afans trails are well drained?
    Thanks

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yeah they be fine. Rides fine in the wet as a lot of the trails are hard packed.

Northwind

Yeah, I think I’ve done all the waymarked trails in pissing rain, Ghost Train was a bit of a river though they might have fixed that by now, everything else was grand.

reluctantjumper

Just make sure your brake pads have plenty of meat on them, the place eats them if it’s sodden. Sintered are best for this time of year and take a spare pair or two!

Twodogs

the place eats them if it’s sodden. Sintered are best for this time of year and take a spare pair or two!

If you ride with your brakes on all the time, maybe

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I did Blade during the really wet period we had in the summer. It was fine – a bit wet, but barely any mud. Not sure what the other trails would be like, but I’m guessing that the main ones would be fine, but the off piste stuff might suffer a bit.

JP

Blacksmith
    Free Member

Trails are all good and running well despite all the rain from the last few weeks. Blade has lots of puddles but trail is hardback. Ghost train is still closed but everything else is open

grannyjone
    Free Member

It’s not that this time of year is always a washout , just like any month (outside of Nov to Mar) it can be dry some times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Afan good after rain?’ is closed to new replies.