Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan-Glyncorrwg pub recommendation? Food?
  • lardman
    Free Member

We’ve just arrived at the campsite in the back of Glyncorrwg ponds centre. Anyone had reasonable food and beer from a local pub they can recommend?

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.refreshmentrooms.co.uk/

A 20-30 minute walk down the cycle path.

“Restaurant is open 12pm until 2pm and 7pm to 9pm on Wednesday to Saturday”

I’d phone before setting out though. I’ve eaten there a few times and food was great.

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for the Refreshment Rooms. We were there a couple of weeks ago, had a good meal on the Sat night (Steak Afan Medium rare :)) and went back for a few pints on the Sunday. Good food, Good beer, Good price.

lardman
    Free Member

@allthepies
    Thanks for the tip.Had good grub and open fire too.
    Sorted.

scaredypants

There is (or was when we went a few years ago) a fantastic surrealist experience to be had in one of the Glyncorrwyg pubs.

Can’t remember what it was called but full of local yoot (loud, bit scary-looking but friendly IME), barman would get you a curry/chinese delivered to the pub and then you eat it out the back somewhere in a room decorated as a coal mine 😯

singletracksurfer

That be the only pub in the village (i believe) – it’s in the old factory immediately on the left as you drive into the village. Entrance tricky to find on the nearest end, opposite side,through big solid door (we thought we may get not come back through again).

Had the same initially very scary but then very pleasant experience there.

allthepies
    Free Member

No probs, glad it worked out!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan-Glyncorrwg pub recommendation? Food?’ is closed to new replies.