Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan Bike Park – midges
  • fakiee
    Free Member

Hi,  I’ll be in Afan / port Talbot area this weekend for biking. Have midges been a problem recently, and how do you guys try to repel  the little bstards

P-Jay
    Free Member

They’re not really a problem now, maybe a month back but they’re rarely bad here, Horse Flies on the other hand!

I rode Y Wal after work yesterday, not so much a fly seen.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Avon skin so soft repels them brilliantly. Believe it or not I learnt that on a skills course – cheers Windy!

oldnpastit

Keep moving!

fakiee
    Free Member

Yeah i was hoping they would have gone, i’ll grab some of the avon skin cream juts in case.

What about the horse flies, I know they can cause some damage!  Is it worth taking some mozzy spray?

slowbloke
    Free Member

If you can find anything that repels horse flies short of napalm I’d be very interested to hear about it!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry, flying bastard season is over, it’s very autumnal in Wales at the moment, which perhaps isn’t surprising given there’s only a week of summer left (at least by 1 definition anyway).

Off-piste is getting boggy now, we’ve had a lot of rain recently but the TC is about perfect. Afan especially gets a bit hard going when it’s been very dry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan Bike Park – midges’ is closed to new replies.