Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Afan accommodation
  • andywill

We are going to Afan for the Weekend in a couple of weeks time. Can anyone recommend some bike friendly accommadation in the area. There could be up to 8 of us & we would need an evening meal/breakfast & refreshments.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

We camped at a lodge at the end of the graveyard. Quite a few beds in the lodge, and meals cooked + you can’t get closer to the trails really. I’ll see if I can find the link.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    elliott-20
    Free Member

+1 for the lodges at Bryn Bettws. They’re great and at a good price.

If the weather is wet then gear doesn’t dry-out so well in them. There is a drying room there too but the last time we went it looked like it hadn’t been in use for a while.

andywill

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others also appreciated.

lapierrelady

Ty Afan is great- self catering cottage, really friendly (local)owners so cash goes into local economy. Big kitchen/diner/sitting room downstairs, room for bikes inside on mop-able floor. Bike wash outside.

Phone number at http://www.thevalleys.co.uk/accommodation/ty-afan-holiday-cottage-p5451

Their own website seems to be down at the moment

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Afan Lodge, very nice is somewhat more than a B&B

superfli
    Free Member

Green Lanterns
    On the way to Neath, about 15mins from Glyncorrwg. Bunkhouse will take 8 people and is £15 each B+B and thats a really good full english breaky. Also have smaller rooms available. The restaurant+pub is fantastic too, the best Ribeye I’ve ever had.

Home

ask1974
    Free Member

Plus one for Afan lodge. Good bar, lounge, nice rooms, bike storage and cleaning and a surprisingly good restaurant. As RJ notes somewhat more than a BandB but I’d go back in a flash. Highly recommended.

andywill

Thanks for all the replys, very helpful. I am sure that one of them will suit us well.

sam_underhill

Another vote for Afan lodge. It’s not the cheapest, but it’s a very pleasant place to stay.

ElVino

+1 for bryn bettws, I stayed in the bunk house rather than the lodges but it does amazing breakfasts and has a decent communal area for the 8 of you. Right on the trails also although for someone who hadn’t mountain biked for a while going straight onto the wall descent without a warm up was interesting.

It has its own 4x track on site also

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Afan accommodation’ is closed to new replies.