Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Aero helmet experts – can this work (much)?
  • SSBonty
    Free Member

So Planet X have this Briko aero helmet in their current sale, annoyingly the ‘from’ price is for the white only not the black:

http://www.briko.com/en/catalogo/detail/2000140

Anyway, it seems to be one of the mid-top end Briko road helmets, with the vents filled in, but no real ‘smoothing’ like in most other road aero helmets. Any thoughts on how much of a difference, if any, it’s going to make, versus say a semi-aero helmet like the Giro Air Attack or Synthe? I’m tempted by one for cross where the temps are cooler, though the speeds are lower too, so probably less affect…

slowoldman

Are you one of these:
    “Free Fighters demanding an high performance in all seasons and weather conditions”.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would say that’s not an ‘aero’ helmet in the time trial sense, it’s just a helmet without much venting, for “all seasons and weather conditions”.

Just keeps your head warm innit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SSBonty
    Free Member

@ Slowoldman – yeah it’s very Italian wording!

@ Molgrips, Briko do seem to only call it the aero but not say anything about its Aero properties on their site, it was the fact they make decent proper aero helmets that made me wonder. Oh and PlanetX actually state ‘reduced drag’ but that’s probably just their copy writer guessing/making stuff up…

Probably just stick to a skullcap if all it does is keep you a little warmer!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Aero helmet experts – can this work (much)?’ is closed to new replies.