Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Aerial film of the Severn Valley Railway.
  • Just found this on http://www.svr.co.uk/
    Some great film of steam trains crossing Victoria Bridge.

This was filmed only a couple of miles from where I live and, depending on which route I take to work and back, I sometimes ride under that bridge. 8)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDx_kYKqOM[/video]

project
    Free Member

Thats a huge model train set, must have took some time building it,

slowoldgit
    Free Member

And further north they’re still building their bridge…

… I think the scenery is betterer

That’s pretty impressive too, slowoldgit.
    I still think the scenery’s better in Worcestershire, but there’s no denying there’s more of it in Scotland. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers for those MTQG, Stoner Sr is taking Stoner Jr on the SVR next week for a half term treat. Have forwarded them to him, and will get Jr to watch them this evening after skool.

Are you still in one of those cabins on the other side of the river?

Yes, although I spend more time at Mrs MTG’s now, in a cabin on the other side of the river.
    We’re only about a mile apart, and almost in line of site, but it’s about 4 miles via the nearest bridge.
    That film is from Victoria bridge towards Arley station.
    If Stoner Sr. & Jr. want to make the most of their day, I recommend the cliff railway at Bridgnorth as a bit of a novelty ride and the Engine House at Highley is worth a visit.

anagallis_arvensis

I grew up not 5 miles from kiddi and didnt go on svr till I was 40. Son loved it and the engine house and cliff railway in bridgenorth. What makes it great for me was the fact that everyone working on it, volunteers for the vast majority, are loving it. Its like a theme park where everyones is realy happy

Stoner
    Free Member

they’ll def be going up the funicular at bridgenorth, Jr loves it.

It’s an adventure for big kids too. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

have you been up the one in Aberystwyth?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Aerial film of the Severn Valley Railway.’ is closed to new replies.