Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Aer Lingus (any recent adventures)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Off to Chicago in 2 weeks and wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences with them, flying from Bristol via Dublin will my bag get to Chicago???

peterfile
    Free Member

I use them once a week, sometimes more. Never transatlantic though.

Currently have a dispute open with the Commission for Aviation Regulation since I was refused compensation for a 4 hour + delay a couple of months ago 🙂

To be honest, I rather like them. The terminals/gates they use for domestic flights can be a bit naff, but the staff are pretty decent and the planes aren’t as bad as Ryanair’s fleet on similar routes.

I think the US departures area of Dublin is supposed to be alright.

blurty

I use them most weeks, I find the staff good and they always seem to try to help (I’m not good at leaving enough time for travel, so often end up in a bind)

Any never had a problem with baggage.

GregMay
    Free Member

In about 18 years of flying with them I’ve lost a bag once. Pretty good record.

geoffj

The little red service they run for Virgin twixt LHR and EDI is pretty good IMHO.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve used them numerous times UK to Ireland and once from Dublin to Sweden. They’re no British Airways, but always a good standard of service and absolutely night-and-day in comparison to Ryanair.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Flew from Birmingham to Chicago via Dublin in July, no problems, the US preclearance thing was pretty good, just means you get it out the way first rather than having to do it after your flight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Aer Lingus (any recent adventures)’ is closed to new replies.