Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Ae This weekend
  • sazter

Who’s racing, who’s pedalling? I will be marshalling again, turning into a regular gig! Will try and give good banter but am rubbish at it, if I get a good spot will try and take photos but seem to be start marshall a lot!

Anyway, good luck to all who are riding and have fun, it’s all just bikes!!

jemima
    Free Member

I am making up the numbers 🙂
    Car almost packed. Weather looks fine. Happy days.
    Keep up the banter – its all guid.

BoardinBob

You going down tonight Sarah? (and you Tom) I’m heading down in the van and setting up camp.

jemima
    Free Member

WHAT? My cover of a ridiculous user name has been blown???

Yes Bob – I am heading off shortly (4hr drive) and getting the tent set up in the (hopefully not swamp-like) field… see you there 🙂

Northwind

Had some retina lazor surgery this week so I’ll be experimenting with depth-perception-free racing. It’s the latest thing, your old eyes aren’t #enduro specific enough.

sazter

Bob, I am not going tonight, am riding Mabie tomorrow and vanlife-ing it sat night only. 😀 Let me know where you set up camp and I will stalk you!

GOOD LUCK!!

Allez, Allez, Allllllleeeezzzzzz!!!!!!!

rickon
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂

Was gonna be riding the new bling carbon wheels, but a last minute lack of radial trueness has decided its back to the Flow Exs.

Gonna be an awesome weekend.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’ll be there racing! Not sure if to go with a minion or a shorty, weather seems pretty dry at the moment!

Trekster
    Trekster

Even if it does turn wet Liam from the shop will tow you in/out of the camping field in his grand fathers trusty Fergusson as he did for the BDS last weekend 😆
    Liam’s brother Callum is racing, won his class on first round. His wee bro Fraser is just home from DH racing in Lourdes with the SPS team 😀

As for tyres, speak to Callum @ the bike shop 💡

pottsathome
    Free Member

Trails are all dusty dry and looking well should be a good weekend of new trails built for this race and some other bits and bobs

Trekster

Mr Potts ^^^^^^^is one of the local Trailfairies 😉
    You having a go Pottsy?
    Or pit bitch for team APDL?

Northwind

That was a grand weekend. Wasn’t too sure about the all-trailcentre stage but the others were mint. If you had a hand in the digging pottsathome, cheers!

edward2000
    Free Member

Stages 1,4 and 5 were really good fun!

pottsathome
    Free Member

I imagine the granny green one was put in for the lads and lasses that are quick on the pedals. The rest was fairly dh orientated.

Northwind

The more natural section off the omega man is fantastic, really seems to have ridden in well. All the way down granny green luv I was waiting for a load of tape and we’d suddenly turn off the trailcentre into some sort of slippery death spiral 😆 (and the wee uphill at the end was mean)

But it all has its place- I thought last year’s trailcentry stage (coming down the red climb, with the offpiste slippery bits) worked better even though I always slag that ride-down-a-climb thing but it’s variety isn’t it.

Always something to criticise but I thought it was ace. Oh! The one thing that did annoy me, was being told at the bottom of stage 4 that stage 5 was definitely still closing at 3:30, and beasting up the hill only to find they kept it open for ages. Correct decision without a doubt but bad comms. But pretty trivial.

sazter

Brill weekend, rode Mabie for the first time on Sat and stood at the start of stage 4 on sunday giving bad chat. Sorry to the guys I heckled to “PEDAL!!!!” hehe. Walking the track at the end I thought I can probably ride this stuff, so hope to go back soon and try it myself!

Dougal
    Free Member

I imagine the granny green one was put in for the lads and lasses that are quick on the pedals. The rest was fairly dh orientated.

Put in because otherwise the event would be a ride-up DH race, not an enduro. If it’s any consolation, the folks smoking the DH stages are also the folks smoking this stage. Fitness is of benefit in every stage.

legend
    Free Member

How long was the course? Strava’s telling me it was a 28miler? Big ol’ day out if that is the case!

Northwind

25.1 miles according to my phone. Including 10000 miles of uplift road.

I liked the transitions though… I mean, the descending comes first but quite often transitions make as much sense to push as to ride, Ae was a better lap than most imo.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I think you’re in Bathro’s video edit of stage 4 Sarah

sazter

Will need to check it out Dan, probably talking mince as per!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWwWZD12xo[/video]

sazter

I was frozen, it shows! haha, “Smash it” could not be less enthusiastic! Must try harder.

jemima
    Free Member

Kudos to Ben Cathro for putting his helmet cam footage up – its like free Sick Skills coaching: “ah – so that’s the line”…

Satzer – your chat was good and excellent idea to ask people if their lock-outs are unlocked. It was a chilly spot you had there 🙂

BoardinBob

Interesting to see Cathro doesn’t do the jump/ drop down to the fireroad

Was a brilliant weekend. I had an off on stage 1 that cost me dearly as I had to disentangle undergrowth from my wheels then I struggled to get my head back into it. Went a bit too cautious on the end of stage 2 after puncturing on Saturday (as did many). Everything else was pretty good though. Still buzzing today.

jemima
    Free Member

Interesting to see Cathro doesn’t do the jump/ drop down to the fireroad

Yer – where I don’t want to be seen as a total scaredy-cat and do the drop Cathro doesn’t need this reassurance so keeps the wheels down as that’s all pedaling time.

BoardinBob

Yer – where I don’t want to be seen as a total scaredy-cat and do the drop Cathro doesn’t need this reassurance so keeps the wheels down as that’s all pedaling time.

He also told me he crashed four times on S1 whereas I only crashed once, ergo

Me > Cathro…

jemima
    Free Member

Oh, and sazter, if you are looking for an increase in variety of encouraging shouts I quite enjoy either
    “give it socks” or
    “give it beans” or
    “give it welly”

😀

BoardinBob

Oh, and sazter, if you are looking for an increase in variety of encouraging shouts I quite enjoy either
    “give it socks” or
    “give it beans” or
    “give it welly”

“Send it ya fanny”
    “Pin it ya fairy”

are personal favourites

edward2000
    Free Member

http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/2015/ScottishEnduroRound2/index.html#Elite_Male

The times are up.

I was hoping to finish top 50% but my chain came off a total of 4 times on stages 2 and 3 which didn’t help.

Aching today though, agree about the fireroad climb comment above, it could have been a lot worse

BoardinBob

It was a tough race to set the bike up for. Really varied terrain. Super soft tyres would crush you on the long transition and the really rocky stuff but harder tyres made the steeper natural stuff trickier. A really good all round test of fitness and skill.

sazter

Ok, will try and work on variations on:

“Give it …….”
    “Send it ya ……..”
    “Pin it ya …… “

Does anyone mind general heckling? I was frowned upon for yelling “PEDAL” at someone, by others who were waiting, but he had been heckling his mate, so fair game… So, heckling and general abuse welcome or stick to people I know?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

My fave trailside heckle is “OU EST LA BIBLIOTECH!”. Whatever you shout is fine as long as you do it with confidence, complete conviction

sazter

Where is the library? Flight of the concords?

Northwind

sazter – Member

Does anyone mind general heckling?

There were some really good hecklers halway down stage 5, I was kind of limping down after a crash and they cheered me through like I was Danny Hart at Champery 😆 Class. Can’t really see why anyone’d mind?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nah, I heard it trackside at Ft Bill one year as French riders went past and some lads were shouting that at every one of them!

scoobmw
    Free Member

All round good event I thought. Enjoyed it all apart from a painful S1 off.
    Just got better after that 🙂
    Great weekend, organisation was grand, trails great, top chat with everyone.
    Cannae beat it.
    Remaining very much bottom half but getting close to 50% …. maybe one day …
    Jings there’s a lot of fast people out there.

pottsathome
    Free Member

It’s nice to hear people enjoying ae. Always been the forgotten stane but it’s really not like that anymore with the shop and cafe being in the right hands and the natural trails blossoming

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Ae This weekend’ is closed to new replies.