Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Ae avalanche Enduro Who's going???
  • Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hi all, me and a few mates going up for this race in May anyone on here entering?? I did the Kielder one last year, was ace but my fitness let me down a bit!!!!

bobbyspangles

yup, i myself and a few others will be riding this. seee you there

grumm
    Free Member

Wish I was, bet it will be great – the Kielder one was a right laugh.

Have fun!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Parr
    Free Member

I'll be there, looking forward to it. Looking to start a National type Enduro series UK wide in 2011, this could be the blueprint for those events.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Me too. 2nd of many this year.

Parr. Get yourself to France to do one the events there. Thats the blue print as they really know what they are doing!

bobbyspangles

totally-forget england! we couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.

grumm
    Free Member

Looking to start a National type Enduro series UK wide in 2011

Awesome idea, it's a great format and could be very popular imo.

Get yourself to France to do one the events there. Thats the blue print as they really know what they are doing!

Isn't this one organised by french people? 🙂

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hope you do get something running in the UK Parr, i'd love to do more races similar to this…

juan
    Free Member

Is that a french enduro or a british one?

Simon

I've entered, as have 7 or 8 of my riding mates.
    Did the Kielder one last year it was a cracking event and a great race format, hope you get something off the ground Parr.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hi juan it's a french organised event in england. same people who do the mega i think.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I'll be there, looking forward to it. Looking to start a National type Enduro series UK wide in 2011, this could be the blueprint for those events.

Cracking idea steve…sign me up!

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah it's an enduro in the french sense not the (wrong) sense that people use it on here 😉

ash

Yes, AvalancheEnduro is Euro (i.e. proper) Enduro not UK Enduro (i.e. marathon xc riding)

Fra-gy
    Free Member

yep doing Ae and doing round 2 in Vaujany, although the 1.5 hours they give you for the first road climb is making my stomach turn a bit!

RHSno2
    Free Member

What I meant to say…is…you should checko ou the French series such as 1001sentiers or Enduro Series which are PURE enduro events where as the Avalanche Cup ones are sort of a mixture.

Just to see something different. Looking forward to Ae for sure though.

willv

waiting to see if i can get an entry – says its all full.

shame as i did it last year and it was great – only 10mins from the house too

juan
    Free Member

RHS have you seen the helmet cam of the colomars enduro special #2 (my garden)…

As 'he' would say wickid awsum

Fra-gy
    Free Member

dont worry about it saying full, still managed t get 2 of my mates on, just followed the link

RHSno2
    Free Member

Juan. I'll look for it.

juan
    Free Member

RHS I have posted the link here (yes I know got a bit carried away by the argument).
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/all-mountain-freeride-what-bike/page/2#post-1208530
    End of page 2. Try to watch them in HD mucho better

RHSno2
    Free Member

Yeah baby! Thats what I'm talking about!

crazyhorse
    Free Member

I'm a motorbike enduro rider who would like to do more mountain bike enduros but for the lack of events. The Avalanche format is cool and much better than the 10 and 24hr enduro races. I did the Kielder Avalanche race last year and loved it.
    I was thinking of running a similar format on my home turf at Kirroughtree but with a better timing system. Kirroughtree would be a long drive for most so I'm not sure if there is enough demand yet to make it viable. Anybody interested?

juan
    Free Member

RHS why don't you get your ass in the Train down to cannes I'll pick you up and show you some good trails 😉
    Crazyhorse, you'll find plenty of people from the other forum might be interested…

grumm
    Free Member

I was thinking of running a similar format on my home turf at Kirroughtree but with a better timing system. Kirroughtree would be a long drive for most so I'm not sure if there is enough demand yet to make it viable. Anybody interested?

Great idea imo, and Kirroughtree is a superb venue. It's just a really good format, can't see myself ever entering a straight xc race or an endurance event.

juan
    Free Member

Guys just to let you know you'll be riding about 30-40 kms in total in this type of events. It's not just all downhill.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Do it Crazyhorse. Kirroughtree is perfect and GREAT riding so its a winner.

Juan. Little far and busy at the moment but soon and one day for sure!!!

EuroClive
    Free Member

Mr Parr we should discuss in more detail, you know I have bagged a lot of experience running these and we know what bugs need ironing out to make it run super smooth (the timing for one as somebody mentioned). We have dona all the research and by the looks of this forum people are pumped. I'm looking forward to racing Ae this year and seeing things from the other side.
    Clive.

crazyhorse
    Free Member

We've already decided we're doing it one way or another but having headaches with the cost of decent timing. As soon as we've sorted it we'll make sure to post something up here. Looking at September October time when there a few less midges!

crazyhorse
    Free Member

forgot to mention – I am going to Ae enduro. Can't wait! My partner Kylie has also entered after watching at Kielder last year.

nasher
    Free Member

We also organise one here in molini, Italy…same as the French format and is called Super enduro!!

J0N
    Free Member

I'm entered for Ae.
    Looking to do Stramash if it goes ahead this year and I'm considering The Kona Mash up at Glentress and Afan.
    I'd definitely be interested in any others getting arranged. I'll need to save my pennies and enter a proper Euro one.

anderwho
    Free Member

I've had a look at the website and watched a few clips and it seems to be fairly serious, some pro riders etc. Is it also suitable for the likes of me – without a sponser and have only entered a couple of non serious enduros? It sounds good fun, exactly what I'm into but can anyone offer any advice?

mrplow
    Free Member

I'm entered, never done one and am pish slow. Hoping for a good atmosphere and nervous tummy fun before each stage 🙂 Oh and to make it round in one piece!

grumm
    Free Member

I've had a look at the website and watched a few clips and it seems to be fairly serious, some pro riders etc.

If it's like the one I did in Kielder you'll be fine. There's a qualifier stage on which you are then seeded for the main race so you should be with people of roughly similar ability for the whole day. I was fairly rubbish and still had a great time.

The pros will probably be just about finished when you're just getting out of bed anyway 🙂

RHSno2
    Free Member

Its for everyone…doesn't matter how good or bad you are.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Hi,

Some of the other Reservoir Goats and I have entered. We've done some of the Kona Mash-ups before. I'm wondering what the format is. I know that it's timed sections separated by a time limited ride to the next start, but what can we expect on the timed sections?

I rode the Ae red route on my old Hardrock and I told them that it isn't really technical. I'll be on my Prophet (full-suss AM bike) but some of the other lads are going hard-tail. Would hard tails be able to cope with the event?

Cheers

Andrew.

Trekster

Call SteveTel: 01387 860541 Marshalls required;

See no reason why a hardtail cannot be used imo.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Ae avalanche Enduro Who's going???’ is closed to new replies.