• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ART.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Advise needed..
  • 2hottie
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am now in my final year at Uni and I am looking at applying for graduate jobs. The thing is I’m not sure what to put in a covering letter which most jobs require? Any pointers would be great

Cheers

Scott

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am now in my final year at Uni and I am looking at applying for graduate jobs….Any pointers would be great

You’re in your final year and you still don’t know the difference between “advice” and “advise”?

*Wanders off muttering about falling standards in education these days*

midlifecrashes

donsimon
    Free Member

Bless!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Maybe he is after those of us with time machines so we can go back in time and give advice some time ago?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

Cougar

A covering letter is basically, “hi, I’d like to apply for this job which I’ve seen in (blah) as I believe it would be an excellent match for my skills. Please find attached CV for your convenience. Love and hugs, etc”

It doesn’t have to be war and peace, your CV provides detail.

Cougar

And as others have alluded to, advise is a verb and advice is a noun. If you’re weak on stuff like this (as opposed to just CBA on a forum), get someone to proof-read it for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

speculative or actual jobs?
    E- mail me and I will send you one but not till weds when I am back at work .
    I advise people by giving them advice
    HTH
    Ok First Para
    I am applying for the position of seen in [wherever you saw it]or a general enquiry if speculative
    Para 2 As you can see from my CV I have frittered away my life at taxpayers expense and am now almost literate and bankrupt WHATEVER IT IS THAT WIL GET YOU THE JOB INTERVIEW – key skills , competencies , knowledge – if they only know one thing from your cv make it this bit
    Para 3 thanks for your time contact me on x available for immedaite start hugs kisses etc
    SIGN it learn yours faithfully or sincerely and use correctly

donsimon
    Free Member

A more long winded approach here. Don’t forget there isn’t a quick way, you’ll have to right individual and job specific letters to each potential employer.

2hottie
    Free Member

The GF is the proof reader for myself so I’ll be certain to have her look it over before I send it out.

Junkyard it’s an actual job see below

http://construction.morgansindall.com/join-us/our-graduates-and-undergraduates/apply-here

Cheers for the help

S.

donsimon
    Free Member

Get in quick, I’ve just sent off my application, cheers for the link. 😉

2hottie
    Free Member

Will do, thanks again for the pointers guys.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would do something even more long winded for that – email in profile and i will see what I can do to assist

ART

LOL at the Captain, if only I’d got to this thread one hour earlier … 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Advise needed..’ is closed to new replies.