Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice – Wifi Burglar alarms – My findings and replacement suggestions.
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hi
    I was recommended from the guy at our local CEF electrical shop that these app based burglar alarms are really easy to set up and pretty good as a deterrent obviously not as good as a hard wired one but will make a noise and alert you if scrote starts trying to break in.

I bought one and set it all up, and these were my findings. The router bit was no more than 7 metres from the alarm box and had zero or one bar of signal so kept sending me alerts all day saying connect/unconnected. I took the movement sensor to the garage and it couldn’t be found. so didn’t bother.
    I rang the factory in blackpool and the tech advisor said – yeh, probably not work through a window (the alarm box signal) although they state that it works up to 100m away.

All i wanted was a box with a light on which might make a noise if someone tampered with my house.

Do the wise people of singletrack have any good alarm advice. ( had a hardwired one in the last house and it just made me pay for a service engineer every five mins)

Thanks

csb

Hard wired here, profesionally fitted with entrance and 4 room sensors, box outside, never missed a beat or malfunctioned. Get a cheap hard wired one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

http://personalalarms.com/acatalog/multi-buy-ma30-mini-pir-alarm-and-external-siren.html

The above stopped people getting to my bikes, and I believe others have had similar success off here with it

IMO being able to see / get a notification that someone is stealing your bike is not the issue. Police told me that as soon as alarms go off they run regardless. This one if you smash one of the alarms/cut the cable the other alarm goes off

burko73

We’ve got a Yale one that is wired to the phone line calls me if it goes off. Only gone off once by “accident” in 3 yrs due to a bat that got in when I was on holiday.

It’s the easyfit one I think. All wireless sensors. Door sensor on shed 50m away is at the limit due as. Icy to the location of the phone line/ base station as much as the distance to the shed. You just buy as many additional sensors as you need. Seems very flexible.

simon_g

Have a miguard wireless (not WiFi) one. Several PIRs, couple of door open sensors, main unit takes a SIM card so can call/text. No issues so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice – Wifi Burglar alarms – My findings and replacement suggestions.’ is closed to new replies.