Advice re shortened 3 passes route Lake District – Nan Bield / Gatesgarth

Home Forum Bike Forum Advice re shortened 3 passes route Lake District – Nan Bield / Gatesgarth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice re shortened 3 passes route Lake District – Nan Bield / Gatesgarth
  • Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

If you go up gatesgarth, you can bear left over the fell and drop to the top of nan bield, descending to kentmere.
    Just be polite to walkers.

Premier Icon Orangejohn
    Subscriber

I’m after some advice re the best route on the ground if anyone can assist (I can read a map) but sometimes the ground differs.
    Having done the 3 passes ride previously I want to shorten it to 2 as time is not on my side this Saturday.

I want to start in Staveley, so I was going to head North to Staveley Head Fell.
    Advice! – At Birk Rigg do I bear R towards Wad’s Howe or bear L towards Cocklaw Fell.
    Then I will pick up the circular route, Gatesgarth then Nan Bield and back to Kentmere.

Any advice appreciated.
    Many Thanks

scuttler

What boxelder said – Harter Fell – and yeah be nice.

d45yth

I’ve emailed you a map of the route. 🙂

Premier Icon Orangejohn
    Subscriber

Thanks Dan, I will have a look later when I get home from work but it seems perfect.
    A moving time of 3hrs 10mins should equate to about 5hrs with stops so ideal for what I was after.
    Thanks again; I will of course take care and ne ‘Nice’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice re shortened 3 passes route Lake District – Nan Bield / Gatesgarth’ is closed to new replies.