Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Advice please :)
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Bought some hope mono mini’s and having a mare finding decent mounts!

I need to find post mount (lyrik forks) to IS and IS to IS frame, why is this so difficult?

Both disks are 203mm.

Help, link, anything much appreciated 🙂

Cheers all.

John

wysiwyg
    Free Member

A2z do both, wiggle

What number calipers?

jskiffin
    Free Member

They’re single calipers (I think….haha), a lest I assume that’s what the mono dictates. I may be totally wrong on that front though.

Cheers for the advice though 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

Mono means it was made from a single block of metal – unlike the previous generation, which came in to halfs. Dates back to 2004 era..

jskiffin
    Free Member

Had a nosey on wiggle and I’m still none the wiser!

jskiffin
    Free Member

Ah right, I never knew that!

Fairly new to the customisation game, thanks for the heads up Xiphon.

Those brakes are exactly what I bought.

honourablegeorge

These will get you most of the way there – might need an additional Post-to-Post to space them out for a 203 rotor

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/hope-mount-adaptor-front-is-to-post-20mm/rp-prod13735

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/hope-mount-adaptor-is-to-is-20mm/rp-prod13736

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The hope version is HBIS20 and HBIS40 one lifts it by 20mm the other by 40mm. From memory you will need a 40 for the front and possible a 40+20 on the back. Fit them as they are and measure the rotor size (I think mini mono’s were 160F and 140R as standard)

Once you know what you need then google for it, hope don’t list these as standard anymore so you may be chasing old stock or try some other brand. Superstar only list 1 IS to IS for a front 203 which might do you some good for 1 but not the other. Failing that when you work it out a classifieds wtd should sort you out. I had loads in my spares box but got rid when I left for Oz

jskiffin
    Free Member

I ccan’t believe its so hard to buy tge right bracket haha

Should have stuck with the old brakes!

Want the buggers on now though!

Bought the braided hoses and what not as well. Plus I bought the 203mm rotors from superstar which I like quite a lot, mostly because they look pointlessly cool.

jskiffin
    Free Member

So with IS its starts with thd 160mm then its plus 20mm per bracket until you achieve 203mm?

khani
    Free Member

Try here.. they do a 203 IS brake to PM fork adapter..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think IS rear starts at 140 so you need +20 +40 (I used to have that brake but I can’t quite remember) Stick it on and measure first then you will know where to start, failing that drop Hope an e-mail with a pic of the calipers and ask – they should be able to let you know for definite.

Failing that any decent LBS should be able to sort you out possibly from the random brake spares box.

jskiffin
    Free Member

I spotted that Clee Cycle site, will try them.

You are all very helpful folk, thank you for taking the time to respond 🙂

John.

jskiffin
    Free Member

Theres a wee shop called D&M so may pop, you never know your luck. cheers Mike

khani
    Free Member

And This for the rear..

jskiffin
    Free Member

Khani you’re a legend!!!

khani
    Free Member

You’re welcome 😀 have fun..

Northwind

I’m going to go a wee bit OT here, so feel free to ignore but Mono Minis and 203mm rotors are a pretty weird combo. Especially on the rear! What’s it for?

jskiffin
    Free Member

I know, over kill!

Just liked the look of 203mm, unecessary buy purely aesthetic.

Already have elixir 5s, I have a pretty much custom pitch comp 2011. My first custom build, I’ll no doubt decide the extra weight is silly but for now I kinda like em.

jskiffin
    Free Member

Bought the monos pretty much on a whim

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Advice please :)’ is closed to new replies.