Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Advice on cadence computers
  • bograt
    Free Member

Anybody got any advice on good cadence computers? Looking at the sigma BC1606 DTS & Cadence ~£49.

Thanks

Feel free to mail direct brendanATukmailDOTorg

trail_rat
    Free Member

just bought a cat eye astrale for the turbo trainer bike which has cadence and rear wheel speed for 30 quid

Wiggle are doing a strada cadence for 28.99 – thats worth a punt

AndyP
    Free Member

Astrale’s a really good bit of kit. I’m waiting for the latest version of the Strada double wireless though.

antigee

polar cs100 here – wireless with hrm so from memory about 3x the price of the wired ones – though i’d already got the chest strap

worked straight out of the box and is fine and dandy a year later, reaction time to what you are actually doing seems ok – some lag but not excessive and the display is easy to read

the transmitter on the downtube is a bit bigger than you’d expect or like – use it on cx stylee fugly and have managed to knock it round a couple of times riding off road

wwaswas

my local bikehut are doing Edge 705’s with wireless cadence and hrm strap for £130ish. bit more than you’ve looked at but a good solution.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Don’t get a wireless computer, they are very inaccurate and prone to interference, I have a strada Cadence and it does the job well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s 705’s wwaswas – if it is where is this bikehut?

wwaswas

the Brighton one although this was a month or so back – I was so impressed I bought one for myself 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

Don’t get a wireless computer, they are very inaccurate and prone to interference
    have you tried the new strada double wireless?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Don’t get a wireless computer, they are very inaccurate and prone to interference
    have you tried the new strada double wireless?

Nope and I wouldn’t want to either, my experience is from using the Polar CS range, frustrating to use with dodgy readings, dropped signals etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Advice on cadence computers’ is closed to new replies.