Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice needed on buying/ selling.
  • Brake-neck
    Free Member

Hi all, I sold a arcam CD player to a bloke on Gumtree last week. It was in perfect working order when the ” courier” he had arranged to pick it up did so ( a bloke with a hatchback 😯 )
    Anyways, he has now received it and says it isn’t working properly, not playing CDs and skipping through them in 5-10 sec. To me it sounds like its been knocked about on the way to him or condensation from being in a van over the weekend as it got picked up on Thursday but only reached him today, so……..
    My question is where do I stand on this, do I have to refund him ? I don’t want the guy to loose out here but when it left me it was tip top. Thanks in advance for opinions, advice etc.

johndoh
    Free Member

If you refund him, can you identify the machine as yours (ie, has he switched it?)

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Tough one, this is more down to you and where you want to meet him. Choose to hold out advising it was perfect when you sold it or make him a goodwill partial refund. Transport was at his risk as he arranged the courier but I’d politely state your position and see what comes back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Brake-neck
    Free Member

Nope, wouldn’t have a clue if it was mine.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Do the hoest thing next time and use more bubblewrap, not just a 2mm thick cardboars box.

Cheapskate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed on buying/ selling.’ is closed to new replies.