Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Advice needed – bitten by a dog
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

TJ; you are really quite an evil sod, aren’t you?

Mind you, I’d do the same! Heh! Good to see people squirm, sometimes…

stano
    Free Member

what if it bit a tiny child’s face, God Forbid?

Oh no, not a ‘tiny child’s face’?
    FFSA get your head out of your ass, stop reading the sun, star and mirror, get a real opinion thats not been formulated by illiterate hacks regurgitated by you and then post.

aracer
    Free Member

Won’t somebody think of the children?

sherry
    Free Member

I have a dog and she comes out with me when i go MTBing. She is very friendly, well behaved and has never bitten or been aggressive to anyone. But i have still came across ****ts who have felt the need to give me a telling off when I’m in the middle of nowhere, with the dog not even close to them? I think you get people who just hate dogs and look for excuses! Of course, People never threaten or torment dogs do they? But i would agree if a dog has bitten someone for no good reason and the owner doesn’t care then they deserves a slap.

sherry
    Free Member

And no, im not talking about the girlfriend.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sherry – does the dog run up to folk? Jump up in their faces? I don’t care if its friendly I don’t want a slobbering mutt in my face. Dogs must be under control and therefore not bothering others.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sherry – does the dog run up to folk? Jump up in their faces? I don’t care if its friendly I don’t want a slobbering mutt in my face. Dogs must be under control and therefore not bothering others.

You must be very short.

sherry
    Free Member

No she doesn’t run up and “jump in there faces” she stays next to me and is well behaved. I don’t want to listen to miserable sods whinging (when I’m out riding) about dogs when they don’t do anything wrong! As i said some people are just looking for an excuse.

snakebite
    Free Member

Phillips, eye socket. end of.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sherry – cool. Nice to hear of a well trained dog. For me its live and let live.

colnagokid

“hey mrs, your dogs chasing everyone on a bike”
    “take the bike off him then!”
    copyright- Bobby Thompson

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I’m not a dog hater ot lover, but i like to be able to go out and ride my bike without someone elses pet chasing me.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh no, not a ‘tiny child’s face’?
    FFSA get your head out of your ass, stop reading the sun, star and mirror, get a real opinion thats not been formulated by illiterate hacks regurgitated by you and then post.

LOL! Who’s twisted your sac?

I’ve seen the results of dog attacks, on adults and children.

Maybe you’d think differently, if you had a small child with you, and there was an aggressive dog, which could harm your child.

Granted, very few species of dog would actually attack a child, but dogs have instincts, which, no matter how well trained the dog is, are always there. They also pick up on fear in people, and it unsettles them. A terrified child, screaming, could be very confusing and frightening for a dog.

My opinions are always my own. Based on what I’ve seen, as I don’t actually read the Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, etc.

I was talking about avoiding potential danger. Dogs can be very dangerous animals; go talk to a plastic surgeon that’s had to deal with the aftermath of a vicious dog attack.

Personally, as I’ve said; I like dogs. If I encounter them on the trail, i slow down, stay calm, and just wait until they are gone. Usually get an apology from the owners, for their dogs being in my way! I really don’t mind, although there is the odd occasion where a stupid dog will just get too freaked out by a bike, and not settle down. Be ready for potential attack.

sherry
    Free Member

Ha ha, “be ready for potential attack” don’t be such a drama queen. you made a few good points though. But you have to remember parents have a responsibility over there children. i.e. not to let them run up to dogs, grab or slap at them, even try to clamber on to their backs. And i have seen this being done with the dog on a leash. I have seen people freak out at the sight of a dog, even though they have never been attacked by a dog, especially certain breeds. The media have a lot answer for, and the reason they report child attacks is because it is such RARE occurance.

sherry
    Free Member

And now I’m away out for a cycle with my dog to terrorise some children. 😉

Sandwich

Sherry did you manage to find your dog an apperitif?

stealthcat

Piedi di formaggio – where were you when you got bitten? I had an incident on Leith Hill with an untrained springer spaniel a couple of weeks ago; it was having a good go at killing a deer, and the owner didn’t seem to care… The dog appeared to be called Izzy, and was brown/liver and white, if any of that sounds at all familiar.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Springers can be mental bastards anyway. Need a firm hand.

No, they are not mental. They are keen and excitble, and need huge amounts of exercise and proper training.
    I’ve never ever heard of a Springer biting anyone, and I’ve met dozens of them and their owners (And have one sat at my feet as I type which will walk to heel off the lead, but only on the way home!) they are the soppiest dogs ever.
    Now, if one had gone for me I wouldn’t have let it lie. I’d have confronted the owner and come to some arrangement……

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I was near Boreham in essex

plop_pants
    Free Member

I think you have to remind people that there is a dangerous dogs act (1991)
    and that it is an offence to even leave someone feeling intimidated by a dog let alone bitten. I’m going to print off the DDA and give a copy (with section 3, subsection 4 nicely highlighted) to the women who insists on walking 12 dogs, on her own, off the lead, in my local woods. I’ve been bitten once already and she is either oblivious to this act or doesn’t give a chuff and carries on doing it. Also going to take a camera for evidence. Some might say ride elsewhere, but the tracks are the best around here so why should I. And as others have said, I hate to think what might happen if a child is attacked and the pack instinct takes over! It has been too easy to just forget these type of incidents and do nothing about it, but in this case I’m going to get off by butt and doing something about it.

plop_pants
    Free Member

.. before my butt gets bitten!

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Grow up sado, you sound like a real ambulance chaser. there are more important things in life, get a grip!!!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ambulance????!!!! Where, where????!!!!

[puts ambulance chasing coat on and goes out and warms car up]

roundwheels
    Free Member

Springer’s need huge amounts of exercise and proper training

trust me they don’t need a lot of exercise,you will be supprised how little thay need to keep them in order. if trained properly they can be very good obedient dog

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed – bitten by a dog’ is closed to new replies.