Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Advice for dealing with Redundancy
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Been jobless for three weeks now – first time for me to be out of work in my life.

got a bit of money so things not desparate yet but have been looking at lots of different options over the past few weeks. I wanted to get out, so in a way it’s good, but then the pressure does start to come on that you need to find some income soon.

personally, I make sure the telly doesn’t go on in the mornings. if you want to be unproductive, then it’s far better to get out on your bike/walk/surf/whatever – but don’t fall into the black hole that is daytime TV.

stay away from beer and pies as a matter of course – though no harm in partaking when with friends.

get in touch with mates and pop round houses – you’ve got the time – make the effort!

make the most of downtime – if you’ve sent off all the applications you could for the day, get outside and enjoy yourself. once you do get an interview you’ll appear much more employable if you look happy and healthy as opposed to a pie eating loose women addict.

If you’ve got enough of a payout to pay the bills proper, then consider getting a fun job (like flashy said). money may be shite, but it’s gets you around people and you will enjoy yourself.

I’m undecided yet on jobs – I have applied for some, and also have some plans to start something on my own.

Anyways, keep busy, if you’re not busy, do something wholesome, and try doing something fun, even if tyhe money is shit.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Advice for dealing with Redundancy’ is closed to new replies.