Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advertising intrusion even worse, delete bank and non-deleatable watch pops up
  • brianp
    Free Member

It is now dreadful. Wait for bank ad, then close it, and watch ad comes up, this cannot be closed!

Do you not want anyone to view the site?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mods will pop up soon too.

To tell you that no one has complained about it, and to direct you to the dozens of other (closed) threads on the subject.

🙄

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think Google are changing the way they do adverts. My phone redirected me to a load of info about Google plus and opting into our out of advertising choices. This was undamaged to this site.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Are you getting it whilst logged in?

benji
    Free Member

If you don’t want ads, pay the subscription, and bingo they go away.

Mods how many more of these threads?

bearnecessities

To be fair on all these threads, it’s a reflection on how ridiculous the adverts are getting.

If I try to open Stw from work laptop, IE aborts the page before the ‘login’ option gets chance to appear, yet I can open [insert ad-laden broadsheet of choice] without a problem!

nealglover
    Free Member

Mods how many more of these threads?

They can’t close them fast enough.

Must be a reason there have been so many of them recently?

Cougar

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/now-i-cant-use-this-site-on-the-pc-because-of-the-ads

And many, many more.

And FFS, we’re not closing threads because there isn’t issues / complaints, we’re closing threads because a) we don’t need 37 concurrent threads discussing the same sodding thing and b) it’s helpful to have reports and information in one place rather than scattered to the four winds where it’s no use to anyone.

Also, it’s the weekend. What do you think people employed by a business are doing at 7:30 on a Saturday evening, sitting at their PCs for the good of their health waiting to respond to complaints that the free service they’re providing isn’t good enough?

dannybgoode

Clearly all these allegations of not being able to use the site are false as people have no problem in posting to tell us 🙂

bearnecessities

^ Now now! I have the high-ground ‘P’ but it still grinds my gears. I don’t even read the mag that’s delivered anymore!

DrJ

People can use the site after clicking through the ads, restarting their browsers, or using a different platform.

Bregante

Do you even own a bike these days Rich? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advertising intrusion even worse, delete bank and non-deleatable watch pops up’ is closed to new replies.